🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Suspended / banned client
Page options
chambardzumyan
Community Member

Suspended / banned client

Hi, there!
You know, one of the my clients was permanently banned but there is a Milestone has opened yet...
He suggested that I can continue to work on that Milestone, since there were enough amount of money have been hold before, so I will be paid.

In the contrary I have received a mail from Upwork to not continue work on that work since it is "Suspended", but I have did a lot of job doing this Milestone....

Pls, advise me, what should I do with that Milestone?

Will I be paid for completed job?

Thanks in advance!

8 REPLIES 8
chambardzumyan
Community Member

What are you doing UPWORK??????? You are GRABing huge amount of fees from our earnings but do not provide any support... Where is the possibilty to open support ticket?????

Instead you switch all questions to Community where we need to wiat unlimited and/or unknown time where someone will answer....

chambardzumyan
Community Member

Your chat bot is useless thing... There are a lot of not genereal questions

Hi Kristine,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. I would strongly suggest to stop working on your contract until the hold is lifted. 
Unfortunately I can't share details for another user with you but rest assured our team has reached out to your client with additional information. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yes, but my clinet wants me to finish Milestone in any case... I afraid if I will deny his ask he will not to pay for my work which had been done and leave a "bad" review...

Are there any solution to avoid that?

If your client was suspended, they either broke the rules or they aren't paying. So, if you work for them while they are suspended, there's a good chance you won't get paid. If the client is willing to violate Upwork's rules, what makes you think they won't lie to you about the promise to pay? 

a_lipsey
Community Member

If they are suspended, then they probably are not able to release the fixed price milestone to you even if you did submit it. So stop working and wait until it's resolved. 

Dear Goran, 

Could you pls explain how/why Upwork let me down with this case?? I have Upwork's official emails do not nothing till resolving situation with PERMANENTLY closed client. And now? I have got a refound request from that client and NO ANY EMAIL OR NOTIFICATION FROM UPWORK THAT I CAN START OR SUMBIT PAYMENT REQUEST!!!! NO ANY!!!

Kristine H wrote:

Dear Goran, 

Could you pls explain how/why Upwork let me down with this case?? I have Upwork's official emails do not nothing till resolving situation with PERMANENTLY closed client. And now? I have got a refound request from that client and NO ANY EMAIL OR NOTIFICATION FROM UPWORK THAT I CAN START OR SUMBIT PAYMENT REQUEST!!!! NO ANY!!!

Decline the refund request and dispute it so you can hopefully get paid for the proportion of the milestone that was funded.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths