🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Suspended contract was already completed and ...
Page options
sandy72300
Community Member

Suspended contract was already completed and paid but still appearing in my profile as ongoing

Hello,

Can someone from Upwork please tell me what to do with this issue? I have contacted the client but I got no reply. Even my payment went through with the 14-day waiting period because the client did not automatically pay me. I just want the job marked as completed in my profile. Thanks in advance. 🙂

Lorie

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Lorie F wrote:

Hi Petra,

Thank you. But I wonder if that can negatively impact my profile?

Contracts which close without feedback only affect your metrics if nothing was (ever) paid or you have a hell of a lot of such contracts.

It won't have a negative effect, but no positive effect either.

As the client is suspended, the outcome of this contract is excluded from your Job Success calculation anyway so it simply doesn't matter how it is closed.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lorie,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I check this for you and your contract is still active. You can ask your Client to close your contract if you don't have any work to do on it going forward. We recommend that the freelancer lets the client close the contract because in this case, the client will be providing feedback.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

That's what I've done and got no reply. Like I said, even the payment was not automatically made as the client no longer communicates so it took 14 days for the escrow fund to be released. I've done my part and wasn't successful that's why I've asked for your help. Thanks.

Lorie

Lorie F wrote:

That's what I've done and got no reply. Like I said, even the payment was not automatically made as the client no longer communicates

Why don't you just end the contract yourself?

Go to your my jobs page, click on the contract, then on the three dots on the right and choose "end contract"

end contract.jpg

Hi Petra,

Thank you. But I wonder if that can negatively impact my profile? I want it to count as a successful contract as I am trying to build my profile's reputation. 🙂

Lorie

Lorie F wrote:

Hi Petra,

Thank you. But I wonder if that can negatively impact my profile?

Contracts which close without feedback only affect your metrics if nothing was (ever) paid or you have a hell of a lot of such contracts.

It won't have a negative effect, but no positive effect either.

As the client is suspended, the outcome of this contract is excluded from your Job Success calculation anyway so it simply doesn't matter how it is closed.

Thank you very much! Appreciate it! 🙂

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members