🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Suspended contract
Page options
a4405ddb
Community Member

Suspended contract

My long-awaited first contract is on the Upwork and the client is not responding, for a long time he has not been in the system. And today I received a notice of a suspended contract. I did everything the client wanted and more. **Edited for Community Guidelines** site that I developed for a client. There is a login and password from the hosting and the admin panel. The client has a verified payment method. What will happen to my reputation on the site and will I get paid. Something like this! Thanks for the answer.

2 REPLIES 2
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

If you have an hourly contract and you track your hours, you'll get paid. If it's a fixed price contract, you do the work and then hit the "Submit" button, and you'll get paid. If you did the work and didn't do either of these things, and the client's account is now suspended, then there's not much that you can do. You can try sending one more message to the client to say (as a polite reminder) that they cannot use any of your work if they don't pay you in full.

Nothing will happen to your reputation on the site at the moment, but when you get a JSS score, a contract with nothing paid will have a negative impact. The more jobs you successfully complete, the less of an impact this one will have.

NikolaS

Hi Jasur, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please do not resume work with this client until the contract is active again. If there is a problem with your client’s Upwork account, your contracts with them will be paused and you cannot continue to bill that client through Upwork until the issue is resolved. There are many possible reasons this could occur, although we can’t share the specifics regarding your client’s account due to privacy concerns. Feel free to check this help article for more information. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths