🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Suspended contract
Page options
accc0fd3
Community Member

Suspended contract

Upwork have suspended a contract I worked on AFTER I had submitted the job.  The client has even approved the work, the money in escrow looks like it's gone but it's not in my account.  Has anyone had this happen before?  I don't know what to do about it, the client is still in contact and says they have no idea what it's all about.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Phillip, 

I would recommend not to start with your work until the hold on your contract is lifted. Once the hold is removed, you will receive an email notification as well.
If your client needs any help they can reach out to us in the Community or directly to our Customer Support. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
JoanneP

Hi Phillip,

Please do not continue working on the contract at this time. Once it is okay to start working again, you will be notified. Our team is already corresponding directly with your client to get this sorted as soon as possible. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
accc0fd3
Community Member

Hi, thanks, but as I said in the post, the job was completed submitted
BEFORE it was suspended, that's why I'm confused.

Hi Phillip,

Could you please confirm if you see the funds in Reports > Overview

~Andrea
Upwork
accc0fd3
Community Member

Hello Again,

I can confirm that I was paid for that, but now the client has created a new milestone but the contract status is still suspended.   This puts me in an awkward position, as I assume it's not suspended their side (I presume a suspended account wouldn't be able to raise milestones?).

This milestone has a rush on it, too. Please advise urgently!

Thank you

Hi Phillip, 

I would recommend not to start with your work until the hold on your contract is lifted. Once the hold is removed, you will receive an email notification as well.
If your client needs any help they can reach out to us in the Community or directly to our Customer Support. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you, I'll let them know

Hello Goran,

My hourly contract with Upwork said we are investigating the issue while it's suspended, I have more to do and today is a demo for the client. and Upwork suspended the contract. I logged an issue that UTC and Mine time was not syncing earlier yesterday. but now the time is syncing properly. please resolve this issue to continue the work we have deadlines and a demo today.

Bilal

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I checked the job you are referring to and noticed that the contract has been suspended due to issues with the Client's account. Your contract will be restored as soon as the issue is resolved. Please stop working on this contract till the contract is restored.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

When I will be able to have the correct information by Upwork? How many more days does Upwork require to complete the investigation, Also I sent many messages to the client but he is saying Upwork will resolve this issue in business days, though the client did not share exact information and told me to keep working on his project. The frustration here is that I have no clue where to go, or whom to ask for precise information on what should I do now except pause the work.

jeremiah-brown
Community Member

Yes, I've been through this.  The client knows the account is suspended because Upwork sends them notices when it happens.  This happens when a clients method of funding doesn't go through due to insufficient funds, if they were sanctioned by Upwork for things like payments or talk of payment outside of Upwork, or any number of other terms of service violations.

In my case, the clients didn't have the money to pay for services rendered.  Their method of payment was declined.  Like you, I submitted the work for payment and found out that the funds were reversed and taken away.  

I called Upwork, spoke with the staff asking if I could send them an invoice, on paper, to the clients business address.  I asked if this would violate the terms of service because I didn't want to compromise my account in any way.  Guess what happened?  Upwork shut my account down and forced me to sign legal documents.

Yes, you read that correctly.

So let Upwork do whatever they're going to do and be prepared to write off the loss.  Sorry, it sucks, but that's been my wonderful experience with it.

557a1b40
Community Member

Hi,

I have work on a project and my work is done then I received an email from Upwork that my contract is suspended. then I talk with my client to solve the problem with Upwork and resume the contract.

After 2 days my client says the problem is solved. and she ask me to submit work for payment but main problem is, that I didn't receive an email from Upwork about the contract reactive, and also my dashboard contract status is still suspended.

what should I do now? My Contract Id: 30614445

Please take a look at my problem. I try to connect with Upwork but maybe they have huge pressure that's why they didn't reply me yet.

Thanks in advanced
Munira

**Edited to add information**

Hi Munira,

I checked the contract and it is still currently on pause.

There are two reasons why your contract may be paused:

• Your client has decided to pause your Hourly Contract: If no work needs to be done at the moment, clients can temporarily and immediately pause a contract. This prevents hours from being logged on the contract, without the need to end it, until you are ready to proceed with the next part of the project. 

• There is a problem with your client’s Upwork account: In this case, your contracts with them will be paused automatically and you cannot continue to bill that client through Upwork until the issue is resolved. There are many possible reasons this could occur, although we can’t share the specifics regarding your client’s account due to privacy concerns.

I suggest that you stop working on the contract immediately — Any work completed during a contract pause is not covered by Upwork’s Payment Protection programs. For hourly contracts, don’t worry, hours that you billed prior to the contract being paused are still eligible for payment protection.

You can check out this help article to learn more about what you can do if your contract is paused.

~ AJ
Upwork
557a1b40
Community Member

Hi Annie,

Thanks for your kind information. My problem is solved now. I contact my client and tell her to contact Upwork to solve this problem. And my good luck is finally the client can solve the issue and end up the contract with 5 start review.

Thanks again for your time

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths