🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Suspended contract
Page options
melody_pinas
Community Member

Suspended contract

Hello there, 

I want to ask if the client can cancel his job contract with his freelancer when his contract was suspended and under investigation with Upwork. Because my client has threatened me that he will leave a bad and much worse than his first review when I will not continue to work on the said contract. Please I need an answer.

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Melody Ann N wrote:

Hello there, 

I want to ask if the client can cancel his job contract with his freelancer when his contract was suspended and under investigation with Upwork. Because my client has threatened me that he will leave a bad and much worse than his first review when I will not continue to work on the said contract. Please I need an answer.

Did the client say that in Upwork messages? If so, report the message(s)

Tell the client politely and professionally to please speak to Upwork, as it was Upwork who have told you that you are not allowed to work on the contract until the issue with the client's account has been resolved.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Melody,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you have with your client. Our team will investigate your client further and take proper action. 
I would also strongly suggest not to work on your contract until the client has resolved their issue on their end. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members