🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Suspended for "irregular activity" and no rep...
Page options
paulnelson54
Community Member

Suspended for "irregular activity" and no reply yet

I got a message saying that there was "irregular activity" and that I should respond to the support ticket. I did that but there's been no response for 24 hours. I'm happy to do all that is required in this situation, but time is money. Is there any way to speed up this process? I'd be very grateful!

21 REPLIES 21
JoanneP

Hi Paul,

I checked your account, and it looks like our team reached out to you regarding your account status. Please continue to correspond with our team directly so that they can assist you further. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I've sent them a second reply. So there's nothing to do but wait? Do you happen to know how long it takes for them to get back to people?

Hi Paul,

Rest assured, our team will update your ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further directly there. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

It worked out in the end, they helped me.

My account is on temporary hold for six years for unknowingly violating a policy for profile picture, I was asked to change my Profile picture and make the account public which I did and I replied to the Bot for support but I couldn't reply to the Email that is Ticket as it was instructed upon making changes I had to resend the ticket back to the support team But I didn't receive any support ticket. It has been 48 hours now...I'm desperate to get Human assistance as bots taking too much time....and time is money....

Hi Warda,

It looks like the hold was removed from your account. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Yes still the same, It shows " you don't have connects to send the Proposal". 

I am just hoping for once I see myself working here like any freelancer, hopefully it gets fixed...

Hi Warda,

The hold on your account was removed, but in order to submit proposals, you need to use Connects. This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. Check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Warda Y wrote:

Yes still the same, It shows " you don't have connects to send the Proposal"

You need to buy connects. Not having connects does not mean your account is suspended, it means you need to buy them to apply.

Hi my account has been suspended for irregular activaty as I'm new to this platform but i don't know what is irregular activity and i haven't got any response from team yet as i need to get my work started and need to hire freelancers for ny work

Hi Shahbaz,

I can see that our team already assisted you with your concern. Please know that our team processes concerns in the order that they are received. If you need further assistance, please feel free to update the ticket, and our team will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
6fdbe091
Community Member

why i can't see where your team assisted me

now should i post screenshots of my email and my open ticket to verify no response to you

Hi Shahbaz,

Our team reviews and processes concerns in the order that they are received. Please allow time for our team to complete their review. Once completed, they will update you directly on your open ticket.  

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi my i just joined up work as it was referred to mw by my friend as i urgently needed someone to generate leads for me i hired someone today and my account has been suspended now can i know the reason and they said irregular activity how can you say any irregular activity as i jist joined and i responded to your email since thab there is no reoly what's going on

Experiencing the same
Tried to respond to the ticket but apparently it doesn't work and I feel trapped in an FAQ loop...I have already made changes that were instructed for my profile picture and account visibility....still no trace of support....waiting desperately...

You do not need help from customer support, you just need to buy "connects" in order to send proposals. It is not free to use Upwork any more. Go to this link and purchase some, then you'll be able to bid on projects: https://www.upwork.com/ab/plans/membership/index

b6af7dd5
Community Member

Hi,

Can you check my colleague's account please? Her account is suspended, and she replied twice in her email but there was no reply. She can't respond to the request directly as her account is locked, and she couldn't access Upwork community.

Please kindly check: https://support.upwork.com/hc/requests/37651873.

And her email: **Edited for Community Guidelines**. The supporter named **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Henry,

We certainly understand your colleague would like to contact support and resolve the issue with his account. Please note that they should be able to reach out to our support team via the chatbot without having to log in.

A quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. They will be asked what type of account they need help with and to describe their issue or questions. Please allow our automated help a few chances to resolve the issue. If it's still not resolved after a few attempts, they will receive an option to contact support, speak with an agent and get help with an account-specific issue.

~ Arjay
Upwork
9a8958b6
Community Member

Hi,
Can you check my friend's account, please? He replied to the email but he doesn't receive any reply. He cannot access the community either. His request is: https://support.upwork.com/hc/requests/37654745

Hi Pham,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your friend's concerns and questions in the ticket as soon as possible. They will receive a corresponding email once our team replies to the ticket and your friend can respond to the same email.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths