cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspended upwork account and elance account merger!

Muhammad Zeeshan J Member Since: Nov 8, 2014
1 of 5

I accidently merged my well earned elance account with suspended upwork account and both are on same email address. Is there a way that my old upwork account be deleted? i do not want to loose my well earned elance account now?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 5

Muhammad, Elance is being absorbed into Upwork. Having an Elance account will not do you any good in a few weeks when they stop allowing clients to post new jobs on Elance.

Having a suspended account is not the same as having had your account terminated. I suggest you follow the instructions provided and clear the suspension.

No, you may not delete your Upwork account, but you can resume working with it if you go through the the right steps.

Highlighted
Muhammad Zeeshan J Member Since: Nov 8, 2014
3 of 5

Thanks for your reply.

Can you share steps with me for resuming my upwork account? 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
4 of 5

If your account was suspended, which is the word you used, it can be un-suspended. Follow Customer Support's instructions that they sent you. If you can't find those instructions, contact them.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 5

@Preston H wrote:

If your account was suspended, which is the word you used, it can be un-suspended.

Unless the user was told that it was permanently suspended. In that case it can't be

"Suspended" can mean temporarily, or permanently.

The OP needs to talk to Support to see if there is a chance of getting the suspension lifted.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS