🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Suspension Policy for earned freelancer (Work...
Page options
asifmt82
Community Member

Suspension Policy for earned freelancer (Work history in the past)

Hi,

I have confusuion I wanted to clear it, if someone can help.

Previously I have read on social media that a freelnacer returning to upwork after long absence (had a good work history in the past).
After applying on many jobs yet he did not get any job" soon after his account got suspended he could not retrieve back despite having good work history in the past.

I know that profile visibility become priavte after not earning for 1 month.

My question is if someone returning to upwork after 3/4 months, and start applying on jobs if he can't win job.
So extactly after how many proposals, chances of account getting supended are likely.

I wanted to know the polices in that matter.

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Asif N wrote:

Previously I have read on social media that a freelnacer returning to upwork after long absence (had a good work history in the past). After applying on many jobs yet he did not get any job" soon after his account got suspended he could not retrieve back despite having good work history in the past.

Upwork have confirmed that they stopped suspending accounts that had too many proposals which never led to any earnings, so either that happened a good few months ago, or those people were suspended for some reason other than "too many proposals"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Asif N wrote:

Previously I have read on social media that a freelnacer returning to upwork after long absence (had a good work history in the past). After applying on many jobs yet he did not get any job" soon after his account got suspended he could not retrieve back despite having good work history in the past.

Upwork have confirmed that they stopped suspending accounts that had too many proposals which never led to any earnings, so either that happened a good few months ago, or those people were suspended for some reason other than "too many proposals"

asifmt82
Community Member

Thank you for clearfying, Yes that story 5-6 months old.

I have 160+ jobs, I almost had similar case though I recently got contract after 3+ months, I was in fear if I apply too much ending up account suspension 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Asif, 

We continue to foster a high quality and engaged marketplace where top freelancers succeed. As such, we will continue to identify freelancers who are abusing clients, circumventing fees, or creating spam proposals and take actions on these accounts as we see fit.

~ Avery
Upwork
asifmt82
Community Member

I was just confriming any number of legitimate proposals will not lead to suspension apart from any violation 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members