🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Suspension of Account
Page options
vatsalbhandari
Community Member

Suspension of Account

Hello Upwork Community,

Recently my Client account on Upwork was suspended due to the breach of TOS which was resolved through closure of my Client account. However, my Freelancer account is reeling under the same suspension even though my Client account is now closed.

Any idea as to how can it be resolved? I have contacted Customer Support multiple times, but they're dragging feet by not responding to my queries. 

Looking forward to troubleshooting this at the earliest.

Regards,

Vatsal **Edited for Community Guidelines**

5 REPLIES 5
mohamedtawfik0
Community Member

Hello Vatsal, 

I'm sorry to know this, but what is the reason they mentioned for your account suspension? moreover what is the latest reply for the support case you opened?

Hello Mohamed, 

There is no explicit reason as to why my Freelancer account is suspended, and the last response I got from Customer Service agent was more than 24 hours ago.

Moreover, I tried opening new tickets, but they were marked as duplicated and not fully responded too. This is such an unpleasant experience.

Regards,

just stick to one case, and keep pushing till you get a response.

Vatsal B wrote:

There is no explicit reason as to why my Freelancer account is suspended, and the last response I got from Customer Service agent was more than 24 hours ago.

When you were suspended, it was you who violated the ToS (not your client account) so you may remain suspended as you violated the terms of service. Stop pestering them and wait for a response.

In general, when someone is removed for violating terms, they are gone. There is no distinction of the "Oh but it was my client account that violated terms, so my freelancer account should be fine" kind.

You committed a serious enough violation to justify suspension, so unless you're very lucky that may well mean the end of the line for you.

Hello Petra,

Suspension of a Client account should have no bearing on the Freelancer account - I don't think that is the case or should be the case. That being said, as far as I am aware of, the TOS that applies to a Client cannot be made applicable to Freelancer (different clauses are required for both).

Let's see how this pans out as I don't think I can leave it to "luck" but thank you for your inputs, Petra.

Regards,

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members