🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Suspicious Activity From Company
Page options
cballard19
Community Member

Suspicious Activity From Company

I would like to report a company that tried to hire me as a virtual assistant. They first asked me to speak with them off of UpWork (which I now know is against the terms and conditions, but did not know at the time), which should have been a red flag from the start. Here's our transcript.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I did research on the company, and this person has used multiple aliases across different websites for the same type of postings. They say they have an office in Wisconsin, but there is no evidence of it. Their contract is full of contradictory language, and I suspect the privacy agreement they have signed by a judge has been falsified. I will attach both so you can see for yourself. 

While I did not fall into their trap, I suspect others may and would like to prevent anyone from being hurt by this very suspicious company. I'm happy to answer any questions you have about our interactions.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Use the "Flag as inappropriate" button link in the top right hand corner of the job posting page.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "asked me to speak with them off of UpWork (which I now know is against the terms and conditions, but did not know at the time)"

Upwork has no rules against communicating off-platform.

Oh ok, well I misunderstood what I found through research then. Regardless, their communications and contracts are incredibly suspicious and I think they should be removed from the platform so nobody falls into their trap. Their information is largely falsified and I cannot find any proof of this being a real company.

There are numerous complaints against this company online - I can send you links if you'd like.

Use the "Flag as inappropriate" button link in the top right hand corner of the job posting page.

Catherine, you just gave out your personal email address and phone number in a public forum - you might want to edit that out of your message

Didn't even think of that - I will edit right now.

I have flagged as inappropriate, just wanted to cover all my bases and make sure the company is held accountable.

I just was contacted by them. Can you send me links you found please.

Leah, use the green "flag as inappropriate" link at the top right-hand side of the project page, and Upwork will remove it. There's no need to do anything else. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members