🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Suspicious Client Contact
Page options
maryprincipe50
Community Member

Suspicious Client Contact

I am trying to find out how to report suspicious activity by a supposed client of Upwork that contacted me off the grid.  Who can I discuss this situation with? 

16 REPLIES 16
prestonhunter
Community Member

If the person who contacted you is not actually an Upwork user, there may be nothing that Upwork can do.

If you have information about the person, Upwork may be able to look up that information to see if that actually belongs to an Upwork user.

You can discuss the matter in more depth right here in this Community Forum thread.

You could even post the contact information here, although it will probably be edited/removed by a Forum Moderator.

You could click on a Forum Moderator's name and send them a private message. (Look for the "Up" symbol next to their picture/name here in the Forum.

And by the way: It is completely, 100% out-of-line behavior for an Upwork user to try to look up contact information for an Upwork user and contact that person outside of the Upwork system.

Thank you. A Moderator has taken care of that situation. I appreciate
your response.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mary,

Please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your report. I'll check that and be sure to escalate it accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you.  I sent a summary to you.

Thank you, Bojan S, for your expedient response and resolution to this situation. 

You are appreciated.

950ab484
Community Member

How do I report a suspicious client?
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ciara, 

Please go to the client's job post and click on the "Flag as Inappropriate" button so that the client's job post goes to the team and the job post and account can be reviewed accordingly. 

~ Avery
Upwork
jr-translation
Community Member

Mary P wrote:

I am trying to find out how to report suspicious activity by a supposed client of Upwork that contacted me off the grid.  Who can I discuss this situation with? 

Next time do not start your profile with your contact information. It is a violation of the ToS and you basically ask to be contacted directly.

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 12.22.27 PM.png

Preston H wrote:

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 12.22.27 PM.png

I am waiting how long it takes CS to set her profile to private to start with.

Several hours have past and neither the OP nor UW have taken any action to remove the contact infogmation from the profile.

Hey Upwork,

the OP has a profile with contact information It has been flagged hours ago, when will you take action?

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for the report. While we won't share any information about the action our team has taken in this and other cases, we appreciate reports we receive and can confirm our team does review and takes action if a violation is identified.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

re: "Several hours have past and neither the OP nor UW have taken any action to remove the contact information from the profile."

It may have taken some hours to get to it... But Upwork DID address this problem with a profile.

In fact, Upwork sent a message to the person or persons who flagged the profile.

Preston H wrote:

re: "Several hours have past and neither the OP nor UW have taken any action to remove the contact information from the profile."

It may have taken some hours to get to it... But Upwork DID address this problem with a profile.

In fact, Upwork sent a message to the person or persons who flagged the profile.

Yes, 15 hours after the report.

Yes, I see that now Jennifer.  This has been corrected. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members