🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Suspicious Contact
Page options
sireysum
Community Member

Suspicious Contact

Hi Upwork Team,

I am new to Upwork Platform as a freelancer. I am writing in purpose for request advice on work safety on the following job opportunity.

I was invited to apply for the job in the following link: **Edited for community guidelines** . The client is shown as a Upwork Enterprise Client. Email address: **Edited for community guidelines**

The Client contacted to my personal email and make a call on Skype instead of Upwork platform. Further, the client request me to make different tests (writing, and video record), and information about ID  card  as the following quote.

"**Edited for community guidelines**

Is this considered as violation to Upwork's Terms of Service and unsafe practice? 

For this reason, please kindly advice whether or not I should proceed with this work opportunity. Since his email address is suspicious; somehow it looks like official email from Upwork team **Edited for community guidelines**
I appreciate for your advice,
Sirey

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Sirey S wrote:

For this reason, please kindly advice whether or not I should proceed with this work opportunity. 

There is nothing suspicious about it. It is one of the biggest clients on Upwork (if not the biggest) and one of the most famous companies in the world.

Enterprise clients do not have to interview on the platform.

If you are interested in the work, go for it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Sirey S wrote:

For this reason, please kindly advice whether or not I should proceed with this work opportunity. 

There is nothing suspicious about it. It is one of the biggest clients on Upwork (if not the biggest) and one of the most famous companies in the world.

Enterprise clients do not have to interview on the platform.

If you are interested in the work, go for it.

sireysum
Community Member

I would like to thank you for your advice. For precautious purpose, I saw there are several posts related to the client with email address: at.cloud.upwork.com . Is it an official email of Upwork?

petra_r
Community Member

Sirey S wrote:

Is it an official email of Upwork?

Yes

sireysum
Community Member

I appreciate for your advice. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths