Poster has interviewed 43  candidates.

Poster asking for CV.

Suspicious?

Joseph M. C. ,P.C., CPA/ABV
mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
2 of 6

Isn't your job history part of your profile?  It's not exactly a CV but that's what I tell them when they ask for a CV.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
3 of 6

It could be suspicious, but it also seems possible that the client really wanted to save some  money and so worked hard at finding someone cheaper who was qualified to do what he/she wanted and ultimately determined that it wasn't going to happen.

The time lag doesn't trouble me at all if this is a job that actually requires your skills and warrants a CV.

saydou
Community Guru
Kamaludin M Member Since: Aug 22, 2015
4 of 6

I see these type of jobs all the time and of course, it's suspicious but I understood that these type of clients are sourcers they have their own clients too so they act as a mediators.

They will take your CV and show their clients if he/she likes it they may hire you, regarding the number of interviews they want avoidable freelancers so they can make a profit.

jmccpa
Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Jan 22, 2016
5 of 6

Details Needs to hire 6 Freelancers

The details of work will be given to those the company feels best reflect the experience we are seeking, the way of determine this will be to attach and send me your CV/Resume for us to see your qualifications.

I still find this very suspicious.

Original Community Poster

Joseph M. C. ,P.C., CPA/ABV
prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 6

Joseph:

I think you're right...

This doesn't seem like any kind of "job" I would apply for.

I probably wouldn't report it or anything. Not worth my time trying to figure out what is going on there.

When a client is asking for a "CV" (something I have personally never needed to provide any client) and implies that he'll give that to somebody else blah blah blah etc...

This does NOT seem to me like somebody who is going to pay me to do work for him. So... it's really not worth my time.

I don't want to work with a bunch of middle men who don't actually have money and maybe are just putting my information into a database. I want to work for clients with money and projects of their own for me to work on.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS