🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Suspicious Job Posting
Page options
codenwald
Community Member

Suspicious Job Posting

Hi Upwork! I applied for a job, and I was told that my interview would be conducted via Google Hangouts chat messaging. I was told that I was accepted as an employee of the company with benefits which was not indicated in the job posting at all and goes against the nature of freelancing work. Additionally, they asked me for personal information, including full name and address "to be entered into the company's database". When I asked whether I could charge through Upwork, the person did not respond which indicates to me that this is clearly a scam. Is there any way to report this to make sure other freelancers do not accidentally fall for this? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
gaspardjack
Community Member

You can report the job post by clicking on Flag as inappropriate button, located at the upper right side of every job posting.

When Google Hangouts is mentionned, it's almost always a scam.

You can find resources for new freelancers here:

Tips to Avoid Questionable Jobs

Getting Started on Upwork

Freelancing Resources

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Christine,

Thank you for flagging this for us. I'll be sure to escalate this to the correct team for further investigation and will take action as per our internal processes.

Please check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content. Also, check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members