🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Suspicious client: says he knows that I h...
Page options
b_yakovleva
Community Member

Suspicious client: says he knows that I have been hired by another client

Hi everyone,

I was hired for a translation job, and the same client was searching for a voice over artist to read the text I would translate. I received a very strange message from a Freelancer but who was writing from a Client account. He claimed to know that I had been hired by this other client. How is that possible? Shouldn't that information be confidential? Especially since the job was invite-only. I'll attach a screenshot of the offer he sent me. Very interested in your thoughts... 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

The freelancer clearly looked at the client's history and saw your name in the "jobs in progress" section.

Just decline the invite. The freelancer isn't actually doing anything that breaks any rules.

client history.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

The freelancer clearly looked at the client's history and saw your name in the "jobs in progress" section.

Just decline the invite. The freelancer isn't actually doing anything that breaks any rules.

client history.png

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Britain Y wrote:

Hi everyone,

I was hired for a translation job, and the same client was searching for a voice over artist to read the text I would translate. I received a very strange message from a Freelancer but who was writing from a Client account. He claimed to know that I had been hired by this other client. How is that possible? Shouldn't that information be confidential? Especially since the job was invite-only. I'll attach a screenshot of the offer he sent me. Very interested in your thoughts... 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

You could congratulate him on his detective skills (which don't need to be very extensive as Petra pointed out) and then inquire what his point might possibly be. Is he surprised you are doing more than 1 job? Does he want you to work for him exclusively? Why does he care at all?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members