🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Suspicious client work
Page options
edocd
Community Member

Suspicious client work

Typing / converting PDF to Word jobs that require freelancers to contact 'the Company' via a link external to Upwork is 'suspicious' at a minimum and should be monitored by Upwork.  There are numerous jobs like this being advertised - I received 3 responses from 3 different posts all requesting I contact someone using a telegram link. 

1. Be aware of links you must 'click' on.
  2. Be aware of misspelt posts
  3. Be aware, be very aware!
  4. Upwork please monitor these 'jobs'
  5. Freelance safely

M

Mary L
7 REPLIES 7
edwin555
Community Member

And to add on that these jobs have just become too many. Most of them have unverified payments method and the same job could be posted several times with different amounts. It's so sickening that currently, one has to refresh so many times before getting jobs with a verified payment method.

You can filter your search to exclude clients with no verified payment method. 

NikolaS

Hi Mary,

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

You may also want to check this page to help you stay safe on Upwork.

~ Nikola
Upwork
PradeepH

Hi Mary,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience. Please check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

The scammers should at least post that LOOK legit, not converting pdf to word, which is just laughable. Too lazy even for that. 

Why bother? The marks are like fish in a barrel, judging by the stories posted here. 

Got an invitation for a job with the title: call me at whatsapp no xyz. Too lazy to even think. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members