🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Suspicious invitation
Page options
47420b86
Community Member

Suspicious invitation

I am new in Upwork and yesterday I got direct invitation from the client to create "themes" design for inline shop using their shoftware, and I accept the interview request, but I feel a bit suspicious for client feed back, actually it already suspicious when I saw the amount of invitation that client sent to upworkers are thousands, but already hired 3, I jus want to make sure is the client just used upworker to use their app so they have amount of users, or I miss understanding about it? is it bad for me if I did not answer the feedback ? any suggestion how to respond the feedback?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Teisa, 

I had to remove the chat transcript because we don't allow transcripts to be posted in the Upwork Community, and it violates our Community Guidelines.

I hope you understand that I'm not in a position to tell you what you need to do in this case. This is your freelance business, and how you want to move forward with this client will be up to you. If you're not comfortable with the client not sending an offer, you have the option of discussing it with them through your message room. It would be polite to reply and express your intent to decline, or push through with the project. Either way, as the business owner, you decide how you wish to move forward. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
roberty1y
Community Member

Teisa A wrote:

I am new in Upwork and yesterday I got direct invitation from the client to create "themes" design for inline shop using their shoftware, and I accept the interview request, but I feel a bit suspicious for client feed back, actually it already suspicious when I saw the amount of invitation that client sent to upworkers are thousands, but already hired 3, I jus want to make sure is the client just used upworker to use their app so they have amount of users, or I miss understanding about it? is it bad for me if I did not answer the feedback ? any suggestion how to respond the feedback?

I'd say there's a good chance they just wanted to get as many people using their app as possible. The only things to remember are that you don't do any work without a contract, and you don't contact the freelancer outside of Upwork before there is a contract. Then this invitation will be irrelevant, assuming there's no harmful bug in the app.

Hi Robert,

thank you for your feedback , 

here I put the picture of my chat room with client, my next question is, should I have to send feed back message or is it ok to just ignore it?

**edited for Community Guidelines**

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Teisa, 

I look into the job post and checked the information of the client, and I can see that they have good reviews, a high amount of spend on Upwork, and quite a number of open jobs. You can use the "About the client" section on the job post to have an idea of the client's history on Upwork.

Since you are new here, I highly recommend that you read up on the "Safety First!" section of the freelancer resources we have compiled, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork. Hopefully, this will give you an idea of how to vet clients when sending out proposals, and responding to invites.

~ Avery
Upwork
47420b86
Community Member

Hi Avery,

thank you for your respond, you alright, the client have a good review, that is why I come to this community forum, to make it sure. Would you help me to learn more, because I really want to have my first job, I really want to take this job, but doubt because the feed back of the client that I have to do steps which is seems like I have to do the job before the offer. I actually want to do those steps but I just didn't sure about it, I really need further suggestion, If don't mind...

here I put the picture of my chat room with the client

**edited for Community Guidelines**

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Teisa, 

I had to remove the chat transcript because we don't allow transcripts to be posted in the Upwork Community, and it violates our Community Guidelines.

I hope you understand that I'm not in a position to tell you what you need to do in this case. This is your freelance business, and how you want to move forward with this client will be up to you. If you're not comfortable with the client not sending an offer, you have the option of discussing it with them through your message room. It would be polite to reply and express your intent to decline, or push through with the project. Either way, as the business owner, you decide how you wish to move forward. 

~ Avery
Upwork
47420b86
Community Member

I'm sorry for my last reply, I didn't know that I can not share the picture of chat room event though I already blur the client name.

Thank you for your help Avery, I really appreciate it, since I'm new here, now I know what I have to do. Thank you very very much..

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths