🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Swift code
Page options
abd15a0c
Community Member

Swift code

I have opened my bank account from another branch and not from the main branch. So my question is:

1) Can I use the 8 digit swift code and withdraw my earnings even if I haven't opened the bank account from main branch?

2) If I can use the 8 digit swift code then which address do I need provide(the main branch address or the address of branch from where I created my bank account) in the address field during add payment method process?
5 REPLIES 5
PradeepH

Hello Bibek,

When you enter an 8 digit swift code, it will show the address of the bank's headquarters rather than your local branch. Your bank will then use your account number to get your funds to you. You will have to contact your bank for the SWIFT code and bank account number you'll need to receive an incoming transfer. You can refer to the Global swift code section on this help article for more information.

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork

Thank you for your response. My ban confirmed that they use only on swift
code and don't have separate swift code for each branch. Since I have
created my account from another branch and not main branch. So while
setting up payment method in "branch" field , which branch name should I
use? The main branch or the branch from where I created my bank account?

Hi Bibek,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Pradeep, 

I could be wrong, But I couldn't find any feild to put swift code in. It asks directly for IFSC code. Is there anyway to link account via swift code?

Please have a look at the attachement. 

Thanks. 

Harsh 

Hi Harsh,

Could you please try entering the IFSC code as requested? if that doesn't work, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members