🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » System asks me to log in, then says email doe...
Page options
abeefcf8
Community Member

System asks me to log in, then says email doesn't exist

Hi folks,

I just deleted my client account to create a freelance account instead. Now, when attempting to create a new account, I'm met with the message "This account already exists. Login instead?" which I attempt to do. When I put my email in on the following page to log in, it says "Oops! Wrong username." Any clarification on this would be great, as I'd rather not have to use this throwaway account as my primary. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi Reison,

You can be a freelancer, agency, and client on Upwork. You will use the same account to log in to Upwork but will have separate user profiles. You will be able to easily switch between them as needed. If you like, we can go ahead and reinstate your client account so that you can create a freelancer account. You can check this help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
abeefcf8
Community Member

Hi Joanne, thank you for the response. I'm aware that an account can have multiple uses. You don't find the "wrong username" response to be incredibly jarring and unexpected? Is my email being retained on the system after my account has been closed? That would be perturbing, especially since I'm now personally being denied access to it (by the system). Not to mention the hoops myself and multiple others have had to jump through to regain access to their accounts through the shortcomings of this support system (chat support is a terrible joke - I know a place where you can get some real freelancers to help people though)

I would much rather this critical oversight be addressed than simply having my account "reinstated," which again, why would it have to be reinstated if the system is aware of it as seen in the first screenshot, but not the second?

If my original email is going to be retained, I'll just proceed to use Apple's generated emails so that I can restart my account as I see fit. It would be nice to see a platform that takes these modern developments into consideration and allows its users to navigate the platform without unnecessary, friction-generating gatekeeping. Any response to the effect of this feedback being acknowledged would be appreciated. Otherwise, I might as well be talking to that chatbot.

Hi Reison,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We'll be sure to note it and pass it on to the team.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths