🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » TOP RATED PLUS FREELANCER - NOT APPEARING IN ...
Page options
podcaststudio
Community Member

TOP RATED PLUS FREELANCER - NOT APPEARING IN SEARCH

For well over a year, my profile was always feature mostly on page #1 of search, sometimes page on pae #2.

PROBLEM:
Recently in the last 2 months, from what I can see... my profile has become "ghosted" and unfindable in first 10 - 25 pages search results.

• I'm a TOP RATED PLUS freelancer
  • My profile score 98%
  • I have tons ot 5 Star Feedback

So I'm curious to undersand...

PUZZLING QUESTIONS:

1) How it can be that for the last 2 months there are newbies and veterans with profiles scores in the 80s, and low 90s are appearing in the first 5 - 10 pages of search, some of which have a lot less feedback than I have...and meanwhile my profile is "ghosted" (not appearing)???

2) Can anyone shed any light and provide me with any insights on why my profile appears to be virtually "ghosted" from public view and at best buried somewhere deep deep in the bowels of search results???

3) Is there anything I can do on my part to recify with grave injury to my business???

5 REPLIES 5
JoanneP

Hi Michael,

If you are trying to see if clients can find you in search results, please note that search results will be different depending on who is searching. The results you see will differ from the results a client gets searching for a particular job they posted. That way, we want to make sure that every freelancer gets a chance to be discovered, and every client finds what they are looking for.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thanks for the reply.

So even if I'm conducting a search via my client profile, what's appearing in my search results is different than what other clients who type in a search query will see?

Michael O wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

So even if I'm conducting a search via my client profile, what's appearing in my search results is different than what other clients who type in a search query will see?

Yes. It rotates the freelancers. Try the same search again after some time and you'll see other people

shetani
Community Member

Just jumping on the topic to say the search results could really use some work.

More often than not, first few pages are full of freelancers with completely irrelevant skillsets (ETA: or relevant skillset but poor performance or no experience on Upwork) to the keywords I'm searching for, while the freelancers who "worked on XX jobs similar to mine" show up on page 3 and beyond.

Also, a lot of results are repeated so I see the same people show up on multiple pages.

Funny enough, when I search freelancers from my freelancer account, rather than my client account, I get better and more relevant results.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ines,

Thanks for sharing this valuable feedback. I'll be sure to share it with our team. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members