🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Taking away my Top Rated status
Page options
pdukatz
Community Member

Taking away my Top Rated status

Dear Upwork,

you just took away my Top Rated status due to inactivity for 90 days.

First of all I have to say, that taking away the Top Rated badge in these challenging times of quarantine, lockdown and economic downswing, which affects freelancers and solopreneurs probably the worst, is outrageous!

If anything you should be supporting the people, who bring in the money for your company. But no, you decide to take away peoples' Top Rated badge and make it just a little bit harder. Wow.

You also failed to give any sort of details in your very meager email communication. Can you provide some more details here? How many proposals do I need to submit to re-enter? Do I need to be accepted? Will this trigger another 90 days period?

It would be great to get a statement here.

Philipp
5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Philipp,

I understand your frustration with this. To learn more about the requirements to become and maintain your Top Rated status check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am aware of the requirements. I just feel that Upwork could have found a better to handle this in the face of the current events and the challenges it causes for freelancers, solopreneurs and small business. But I suppose it's none of Upwork's priorities. Duly noted.

Philipp - You are aware of the requirements for the Top Rated status but you still think Upwork should make an exception for you? 

Joan S wrote:

Philipp - You are aware of the requirements for the Top Rated status but you still think Upwork should make an exception for you? 

Funny how people abandon the platform for months or even years and then, when there is a crisis, suddenly remember their Upwork account and demand all sorts of priviledges.

Joan S wrote:

No, I don't think that what Philipp is saying, Joan. I think he is saying that Upwork should look at their policy and see if they can make an adjustment to it for all freelancers during this time of crisis. Read through his note again, you'll see he said that Upwork is taking away "people's" Top rated badge. I'm interpreting that as he's not looking for a special favor just for him. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members