🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Talent Mastermind Sessions
Page options
allergywriter
Community Member

Talent Mastermind Sessions

Hey All!

Just received a message inviting me to attend a Talent Mastermind Session. Shows message was 12:38 this afternoon.

The message directed me to fill out the form below, but there was no form below and I couldn't respond because the message response box says "Can't send messages in an archived room". This was about 1:00 this afternoon.

Did anybody else have this happen to them?

Was this some kind of phishing thing or is Upwork really so messed up they don't attach a form or allow you to message them back when they initiate a message session?

6 REPLIES 6
martina_plaschka
Community Member

No. Nobody asked me to mastermind anything. 

I received the same.  There's no attachment. If you read it, you'll see a green Register Now link near the bottom of the message.  Click on that to access the form.

"Can't send messages in an archived room" just means you can't hit "reply" to message them back with this type of invitation.  

Thanks Lisa

There is no button on my message

But I clicked the Register Now heading and it worked.

Because the link was in standard Upwork puke green, I didn't think it was a link.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cheryl,

We appreciate your feedback about the "Register Now" button within that message. We've shared it with the team. I'm glad to hear that you were able to access the link.

The Upwork team would occasionally send information about various events as a message within Upwork Messages. Such rooms would be closed from further messages but there is a link to register for the event. We also share information about Upwork events on this page.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ramintat
Community Member

Hello, I just received similar message with no button, it looks strange, as if the message was sent by mistake.

ramintat_0-1675101481318.png

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Raminta,

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I do apologize for the confusion this has caused. 

I checked your account, and you have already been sent the updated invitation with the correct links. If you are interested, don't hesitate to join this event if you are interested. Let us know if you have further questions.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths