cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk with client over Zoom?

b4965d7e
Jocelyn B Member Since: Apr 8, 2020
1 of 7

My client invites me to talk on Zoom. Can I accept and not violate any rules?

jr-translation
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
BEST ANSWER
2 of 7
Jocelyn B wrote:

My client invites me to talk on Zoom. Can I accept and not violate any rules?

No problem, as long as you use the function in the message room.

View solution in original post

amarmababa
Ace Contributor
Md Nazmul I Member Since: Jul 21, 2020
3 of 7

Hi Jennifer, Does Upwork live chat support closed?

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 7

re: "Does Upwork live chat support closed?"

Live chat support is not available to all users at all times. Don't worry about that. If you have a question, just post your question here.

amarmababa
Ace Contributor
5 of 7

Hi Preston, I don't get me monthly free connects.  my billing cycle is 02/06 to 02/07. Can you please help me to solve this?

amarmababa
Ace Contributor
6 of 7

It's better to use Upwork communication system to contact the client. If your client asks you to talk outside of Upwork you may agree but don't work outside of upwork.

psych101
Heather N Member Since: Nov 13, 2020
7 of 7

I have utilized the video conferencing feature available through UpWork on several occasions with an international client.  Even though I have an established relationship with this client now, going through UpWork keeps things simple and gives me a bit of reassurance.  

If using Zoom (outside of UpWork) makes you feel uncomfortable or uneasy, perhaps you can ask your client why he or she prefers Zoom.  Is it to record your conversations?  While it can feel awkward or uncomfortable bringing this up with a client, open communication is important to successful professional relationships.  I'm not trying to tell you what to do, but trust your gut and don't feel pressured to do something (when there is a safer and available option) because a client wants you to.  

Best of luck!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS