🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Tasks in review
Page options
barbjc
Community Member

Tasks in review

My tasks are still in review after 5 days. I can't continue on the project. I have had trouble from the beginning of all this and am very frustrated.

7 REPLIES 7
tlbp
Community Member

In review with the client? In review for payment? Hourly? Fixed price? Submitted? Recorded? 

It looks like you are new to Upwork. So, you should go to the New to Upwork section of the Community Discussions and read about other freelancers' experiences. There are lots of pitfalls to working on a freelance platform and if you are not aware of them, the entire experience can be very disappointing. When working with strangers online, it is okay to be optimistic, but you must be prepared for the worst. 

a_lipsey
Community Member

Barbara, you dont even appear to have an active contract on your profile. Were you even hired for the work? If you don't have a contract then you weren't hired.
JoanneP

Hi Barbara,

I checked your account, and I was not able to locate an active contract. Please only start working on a project once you have accepted an offer, and that you have an active contract. You can find more useful information and advice on the freelancer resources we have compiled here designed to help new users on Upwork. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
barbjc
Community Member

Thanks for all your input. I am aware that I didn't have an active contract...I was waiting on the original review so I could activate a contract. This is being addressed currently. Thanks again.

a_lipsey
Community Member

Barbara C wrote:

Thanks for all your input. I am aware that I didn't have an active contract...I was waiting on the original review so I could activate a contract. This is being addressed currently. Thanks again.

What do you mean by "review"? If you don't have a contract then you are working for free, and that's not allowed. Do you mean you are waiting on a client to approve a scope of work so you can begin work? If the client hasn't approved the scope of work and sent a contract offer, then there is nothing you can do, and the best thing to do is move on to the next client/offer/proposal, since you are waiting on nothing. You can't get paid by this client, and you shouldn't be doing any work for them. If they haven't sent a contract, then you don't owe them any of your time or worry. 

barbjc
Community Member

For myself...someone new at this...it is too hard to explain (so many
steps). But like I said it is currently being dealt with.
a_lipsey
Community Member

Okay. Just know we cant really help if we dont know what is going on. Hope it works out.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members