🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Tasks
Page options
teewee
Community Member

Tasks

Help? I need inputs, please? I am working as a marketing manager full time for my client doing marketing collaterals of the vacant lands we sell. He has a friend whose business is creating marketing collaterals for different clients. Like an ad creation business. He once asked me wto help his friend do the marketing collaterals for free. I made 8 listings for his friend before. My client asked me to hire a VA for his friend and I did.  His friend hired the VA I interviewed part time even though he has lots of backlogs. Now he asked my client if he can "borrow" me to help him with the listings. I feel like it is unfair? What do you guys think?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Maria Nona Wilma R wrote:

Thanks, Petra! He wants me to do his friend's task during my work hours with him so I'm still paid but this is like working for two clients.

It is but you need to speak to the client.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

I feel like it is unfair? 

If you don't want to do this, simply say so. The person you need to speak to is your client.

He once asked me wto help his friend do the marketing collaterals for free.

When your client asked you to work for free, he violated Upwork's terms of Service.

teewee
Community Member

Thanks, Petra! He wants me to do his friend's task during my work hours with him so I'm still paid but this is like working for two clients.

petra_r
Community Member

It is but you need to speak to the client.

teewee
Community Member

Thank you, Petra! 🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths