🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Tax Information Identification Number
Page options
aliiqbalkhan98
Community Member

Tax Information Identification Number

Hello everyone!

I am a top-rated freelancer on Upwork currently residing in Pakistan. My tax residence is Pakistan as well. As you all must have known that we are supposed to fill a new tax form according to the email received from Upwork.

However, my question is a little different. When I open my tax information, I do not understand where I am supposed to add my tax identification number as the screen I get just asks for my country of residence and address. I have attached the screenshot as well. Will there be another pop-up once I enter my country of residence to add the tax identification number? (Pakistan)?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Ali,

Thank you for your message. After you save the Tax residence information, you will see the option to update the W9/W-8BEN form and other tax-related details (if applicable) on the same page.  Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PradeepH

Hi Ali,

Thank you for your message. After you save the Tax residence information, you will see the option to update the W9/W-8BEN form and other tax-related details (if applicable) on the same page.  Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
faten_b
Community Member

How do we know if the form is completed and ok! are we supposed to recieve an email for confirmation ? 

Hi Pradeep,

I need a little help in completing my tax information and submitting the tax form.

In short, I am a freelancer based in the EU and I operate as a sole proprietor (i.e. this is not a company nor a partnership, but also not an individual/natural person).

As such, I should fall under "Other entity type or claiming treaty benefits" - this is the only remaining option apart from those mentioned above.

After declaring this, I was asked to fill one of two forms and I think of the two, and neither seem right for me - it seems I can only use W-8BEN under the assumption that a sole proprietor is classified as an individual under the federal tax classification. I must admit - I am a lawyer and I find this a bit baffling. Please help.

Best,

Maja

Hi Maja,

I'm afraid we can't advise you on which Tax Classification you'd fall under. It would be best for you to consult a Tax advisor or authority in your country. For some general details on filling out Form W-8BEN or W-8BEN-E, you can visit this page

~ Luiggi
Upwork
925bcec7
Community Member

Hello, I require some assistance in completing my tax information.

I'm situated in Pakistan and am a non - tax filer. How will I be able to withdraw my Upwork earnings?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members