🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Tax Issue - Not a tax payer
Page options
dc2e41db
Community Member

Tax Issue - Not a tax payer

Hi Community! I have recently registered with UpWork. I am a Namibian citizen and not a tax payer, also have no business, (unemployed, but a student) so therefore I cannot fill out a tax form to get paid if I do any work. Please help me as I really want to get started with some freelance work. 

ANY help would be seriously appreciated!!!

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Monique,

You can fill out our W-8BEN form with your legal name as well. Once your form is filled out, your payment method will be activated and you will be able to withdraw funds from Upwork. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
bhoira-yunus
Community Member

as he is not legal tax payer, he does not have legal taxpayer name. then how can he fill up W-8BEN form ?? this applies to me as well.

Use your own name if you don't have a registered business name. However, the other person in this thread is making incorrect assumptions about being "unemployed" and "not having a business". If you're a freelancer, you're self employed - not unemployed - so you DO have a business. You need to check whether you need to register your business in your country, and you'll need to pay taxes in India just like any other business.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members