🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Tax Issue
Page options
10a4d7e5
Community Member

Tax Issue

I contacted my local tax office in Nigeria in other to get my Tax Identification Number. They said that I should provide a BVN and ID card of where I work. The question is do Upwork provide work ID to freelancers? If so how can I get it? If not, what am I going to tell the Tax office? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
magmatischen
Community Member

Hello Asmar, not sure about ID number, but know that if you go to your Account Settings > Contact Info (Tab on the Left) 
You should be able to see your "User ID"

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
magmatischen
Community Member

Hello Asmar, not sure about ID number, but know that if you go to your Account Settings > Contact Info (Tab on the Left) 
You should be able to see your "User ID"

magmatischen
Community Member

Other option that comes to my mind.
If im correct BVN is Bank Verification Number (which you should ask for from the bank to which you withdraw money from UpWork), and you can also download "Certificate of Earnings" (In home screen go Reports Drop Down Menu > Then at the bottom Certificate of earnings) in the last 6 months on UpWork, as a proof that you are "working here", even thou you are not emplyee/employeed full-time at UpWork. 

Hope anything of that helps

Thank you so much for the help

martina_plaschka
Community Member

You don't work for upwork. 

PradeepH

Hi Asmar,

Thank you for your message. We won't be able to advise you regarding tax-related matters in your country. You may want to discuss that with a tax adviser in your country. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
0773d74e
Community Member

Hi Asmar,

You don't need to go to bank to know your TIN in as much you have a BVN which I doubt you won't have because you can operate any Bank Account without it. Therefore, just follow through with this URL below and retrieve your TIN...

https://tinverification.jtb.gov.ng/Template/TINVerification

I think its automatic once you have a BVN the government has provider you with your TIN.

10a4d7e5
Community Member

Thank you all so much for you kind replies. This helps a lot 

Most welcome
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members