🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Tax status in France for Ukranian under Tempo...
Page options
dima-jean-luc
Community Member

Tax status in France for Ukranian under Temporary Protection due to war.

Hello everyone,

I’m Ukrainian living in France since the beginning of the war in my country. I have temporary protection status here and haven’t worked on upwork since I came here. I want to begin again but I can’t figure out which tax status I should have and where to go to make everything clear? Maybe someone has similar experience in France?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
759e32fa

Hi Dmytro,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like your address on the account is still in Ukraine. You may need to update this in order to start submitting proposals and working.

~ AJ
Upwork

So I need to change the adress in my account and then have tax residency in France and I can begin to work? Thanks! 

Hi Dmytro,

If you're planning on staying and working in your current location, it'd be best to update your profile and tax address settings accordingly. Unfortunately, we won't be able to provide tax advise here, so I'd recommend that you talk to a local tax advisor to learn more about how you can work and report your income.

~ Nikola
Upwork
246b89f1
Community Member

Hey, Dmytro! 
Do you have an answer to your question? I have the same situation and haven't found a solution yet, what to do with taxes if I have Temporary Protection in France...

Thank you.

Hi Maryna,

Thank you for reaching out. As Nikola said, we won't be able to provide tax advice, so we highly recommend that you talk to a local tax advisor to learn more about how you can work and report your income.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members