cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax

I am beginner freelancer in upwork. I am working from 5 months. My earnings have lot of fluctuations from 10$-150$/ month. I don't know much about tax payment. Can anyone help me know in detail about when I will be eligable for tax paying? And When should I pay? How much it would be? And filing status in my settings > tax information is "No Filing Non US". What does that mean? Smiley Happy  

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Guru

@Saranya S wrote:

I am beginner freelancer in upwork. I am working from 5 months. My earnings have lot of fluctuations from 10$-150$/ month. I don't know much about tax payment. Can anyone help me know in detail about when I will be eligable for tax paying?

You need to contact the tax authorities in your location for details.

"No Filing Non US" means that you are not a US tax payer which means you don't have to pay USA taxes.

You do however have to report your income to your own country's tax authorities via your tax returns. Just call your country's tax authorities for the details.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Guru

@Saranya S wrote:

I am beginner freelancer in upwork. I am working from 5 months. My earnings have lot of fluctuations from 10$-150$/ month. I don't know much about tax payment. Can anyone help me know in detail about when I will be eligable for tax paying?

You need to contact the tax authorities in your location for details.

"No Filing Non US" means that you are not a US tax payer which means you don't have to pay USA taxes.

You do however have to report your income to your own country's tax authorities via your tax returns. Just call your country's tax authorities for the details.

View solution in original post

prestonhunter
Community Guru

Saranya: Your profile is private and we don't even know what country you live in.

In all honesty, I think you are welcome to ask tax questions here in the Forum, but this is one of the last places I would look to for advice about my personal tax situation.

Here are two even worse places to get tax advice:

- Upwork's Help section, which specifically state that Upwork does not provide tax advice

- Upwork Customer Support. Please: Never go to Upwork Customer Support to ask about how you should file your taxes.

Keep in mind that people who reply to your questions in the Community Forum may have the best intentions, but as they do not know all of the details of your financial life, they can not really provide you with the best-possible tax advice.

If you followed only the advice that Upwork is allowed to provide you with, or that Community Forum member provide you with, you may end up paying more in taxes than you need to.

Hello,

First of all, thank you for your valuable suggestions. I am from INDIA, and I belong to upper middle class family. As Ms.Petra said I will know more information about tax payment from my country tax authorities. And as Mr. Preston said I will know carefully about how much I need to pay and also try to practice some tax reduction ways.

Any other valuable suggestions would be highly appreciated,

Thank you,

Sincerely,
Saranya

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS