🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Taxpayer Identification Number problem ,great...
Page options
0455c7ce
Community Member

Taxpayer Identification Number problem ,greatly appreciate for your help

I have been registered on Upwork for a few days, and when I was completing my profile, it asked for a TIN (Taxpayer Identification Number). I am from mainland China, and Upwork website says I need to fill out a W-8BEN form, but the IRS website says this form does not need to be submitted to the IRS. I really don't know how to obtain a TIN. I would greatly appreciate it if you could help me.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Lynn,

Welcome to Upwork! I can see that you've already filled out your Form W-8BEN under the Tax Identification field on your account, and that's all you need to do from your end. Regarding your TIN,  some countries may use a National ID number. You may be able to find information about your country's TIN here. If you have questions about your number, you will need to consult a tax advisor in your country or contact your local tax authority.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LuiggiR

Hi Lynn,

Welcome to Upwork! I can see that you've already filled out your Form W-8BEN under the Tax Identification field on your account, and that's all you need to do from your end. Regarding your TIN,  some countries may use a National ID number. You may be able to find information about your country's TIN here. If you have questions about your number, you will need to consult a tax advisor in your country or contact your local tax authority.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
0455c7ce
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

I am really appreciate it for your response. I'm so glad that my problem has been resolved. Thank you!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members