cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teach clients how to end contracts (VIDEO/Tutorial)

Darko G Member Since: Feb 17, 2013
1 of 8

Hello Fellas,

What do you think someone(who has client rights) to record a Video of procedure for ending a contract. So it will be example for new clients on oDesk? Its happening to me that client don't know how to end a contract, its strange

Is it possible, what do you think?

Thanks,

D

Ace Contributor
Weera P Member Since: Sep 11, 2013
2 of 8

Hi,

One of my client didn't know what is hourly work or fixed price. He asked me to work with Full-Time then he locked or limited the hours of work to 2HRs and increased to 5HRs/Week.

He forced me to complete an app similar to IDrive under 25-30 HRs.

**edited for Community Guidelines**

If someone don't think that app is hard to implement or could be done under 30 Hours. Probable she/he is a developer from other planet.

Most client:

I have got an idea -> implement an app -> $

Or

I have got an idea -> implement an app -> Cry

Odesk support is useless.

Regards,

Weera

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 8
With all due respect, Weera, what are you talking about?

A client can not force you to do work.

The client is the one bringing all the money. You should be the person providing the expertise. Not just about programming, but also about how oDesk works. You are the professional. You are the one who should tell the client what constitutes a reasonable contract. It is up to you, not the client, to decide to accept a contract.

If a client needs 40 hours of work done this week, and limits the contract to 5 hours per week. Then it is is up to you to explain the situation to the client. The client is free to work with somebody else. But he can not make you work for free unless you allow him to do so.
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 8

Hi Darko,

I agree that it is important for both freelancers and clients to have an easy access to information about the way the platform works. And we have resourses available for our users such as the Help Center and Client Resource Center and we are going to keep developing them and creating more video tutorials and articles to help users. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
5 of 8

Hi Valeria,

Thanks for your reply. I follow that page and also the youtube oDesk's channel to gather information and help my clients in their management but in this particular case i feel that there is no enough information.

A video or a step-by-step tutorial would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Community Leader
Lillian T Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 8

Darko, This is a fantastic idea for a video. Like Valeria said, we do currently have resources available but nothing as detailed on the benefits of closing a contract and providing relevant feedback. We’ll keep this is our queue for the next round of videos. 

Untitled
Tags (1)
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
7 of 8

Garnor/Valeria/Lillian

There have been numerous threads recently pointing out that freelancers are penalised for clients not closing contracts, when it is usually because the clients is too lazy to do it, has forgotten about it, or can't work out how to do it. There has not been one clear answer given yet as to how this problem can be addressed so that freelancers don't have to do all the chasing to get clients to close contracts just so the freelancer isn't in some way penalsed. This would go at least some small way to addressing that big  problem

8 of 8

I don't know where i hit and now it display your post is "Accepted solution" I am not sure how can i remove it but, its ok.

By the way, i agree with you. They really need to find a solution for this problem. Its not about boring the clients to complete contracts because I will ONLY annoy them and then will have to deal with bad feedback on my profile. I do not feel guilty to be penalized if the client doesn't know how to end the contract.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS