cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team App: Revert to old app?

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
1 of 10

Just now, I looked at the download page, https://www.upwork.com/downloads, and was stunned to see this notice:

We are launching the new Upwork Team App soon. Until then, please use existing Team App.

Then what is this Upwork app I installed and used yesterday? Did I hallucinate it? In another topic, Garnor of oDesk stated the app had been fixed--if that meant the Upwork app doesn't work so go back to oDesk app, why couldn't he just say so?

At this point I could really use CLEAR GUIDELINES ON RECORDING HOURS WORKED, and there should be A DAILY ANNOUNCEMENT FROM UPWORK THAT SPECIFIES WHAT TEAM APP TO USE AND WHERE TO DOWNLOAD IT.

I cannot work effectively when there is no assurance that I will be credited with the work I do on hourly contracts.

2 of 10

I just had a chat with Ryan of Upwork support, who advised me to uninstall the Upwork app and go back to using oDesk Team App. Luckily, I hadn't uninstalled the oDesk Team App, but I'm worried that reverting to oDesk App might erase time I recorded yesterday with the Upwork app, so I made a screenshot of the Work In Progress tab in my Reports page.

3 of 10

This is really annoying ! I have to start working on the time tracker and I don't even understand if I've got the old or the new app on my computer ! I have uploaded the new app but didn't uninstall the old app, and now I've been to my program files and I could only see one app ! Which one it is, I don't know ! It's called Odesk but doesn't look like my old time tracker !!!!

I'm desperate !Smiley Sad

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
4 of 10

Corinne,, I'm on a Mac so if you're not, then maybe this doesn't apply, but if the app is named oDesk, then probably it's a version of the original tracker, because the new app is named Upwork and has a round green icon while the old one has a square icon.

5 of 10

thanks ! I've still got the square icon ! I'm going to use this app anyway, as I have to start working. I wouldn't be so annoyed if it was an old client, but it's a new one ! so I hope I will not have to tell him I need to enter hours manually etc !

Community Leader
Pravin K Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
6 of 10

John,

Thank you so much for the post. I was about to commit the mistake of installing and try out upwork app. It would have messed up my long work hours.

Pravin

Community Guru
Corinne L Member Since: Jun 3, 2013
7 of 10

Well I used this new old app and it worked ! (I'm not on a Mac)

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
8 of 10

Corinne, could you please post a link to the version you are using? I am on Windows and my tracker stopped working yesterday. It says it keeps loading, and sometimes it does and I even got it to take screenshots but then they're not uploaded, or it never finishes loading. It says there is a new version available but people have reported that one doesn't work so I am hesitant to update, hoping that as they fix the bugs this older one will eventually start working again.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
9 of 10

Hi Krisztina and others,

Here is the link to download the Team App. Currenty the existing App is available to download on that page and we ask you to use it for now. Once the new Upwork Team App is ready to be downloaded and used, we will let you know.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Corinne L Member Since: Jun 3, 2013
10 of 10

Hi Kristina, sorry I didn't see your message before ! I uploaded the link on upwork main page https://www.upwork.com/downloads

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS