cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teamviewer connecting to a friend account

Hello Folks.I would like to ask something,a friend of mine started using upwork 2 months ago.I needed to login into his pc to remotely do some job inside his pc(not upwork related).Will this affect my upwork status of using two accounts because this was done from different locations(100km difference).I feel really guilty for logging into his pc and im really afraid of something bad happening to me.Is there any relationship between my IP and his IP? Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Guru

@Ordancho T wrote:

Hello Folks.I would like to ask something,a friend of mine started using upwork 2 months ago.I needed to login into his pc to remotely do some job inside his pc.

•  Did you log into his Upwork account?
  • Did you use the time tracker? On his account or yours? On his computer or yours?
  • Did you log into Upwork? On his computer or yours?
  • What "job" would require you to remotely log into his computer? What does he or his computer have to do with your job?

Hello Petra thanks for replying.
1)No i did not login,but he uses his pc to login on upwork.
2)No i did not track any time or anything related to upwork( i was just doing college job.
3)I did not login with my account on his pc,but i used teamviewer to login into his pc(So was wondering if somehow my pc is related to him while using teamviwer)
4)I was just finishing college job(linking his college mail into his gmail account,so he get notifications on his gmail)

So how do you think it is a problem? If you didn't use the tracker and didn't log into Upwork, how would Upwork even know what you do on your own computer in your own time doing your own stuff that has nothing to do with Upwork?

I was just thinking that logging into his pc uses my IP and he have loggined on upwork before,so this both IPS collide each other.I did not use the tracker or anything that is related to my account on his pc.Thanks for your answers!

@Petra R wrote:

If you didn't use the tracker and didn't log into Upwork, how would Upwork even know what you do on your own computer in your own time doing your own stuff that has nothing to do with Upwork?

well they do now 😄

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS