🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Telegram here - Telegram there - Telegram eve...
Page options
joostdoevelaar
Community Member

Telegram here - Telegram there - Telegram everywhere

So I know I am not the only one to notice this. But how hard would it be to simply ban job postings from having the word 'Telegram' in it? They keep popping up left and right and jobs I flag are up an hour later.

Now I know not to react to those (in fact I use a private Telegram account to tell them where to stick it...useless yes, but does it make me feel better? Also yes) but judging from the feedback here Upwork is leaving loads of people to fend for themselves.

Please do better in terms of preventing these spammers from abusing your platform. 

5 REPLIES 5
NikolaS

Hi Joost,

Thank you for reaching out to us and sharing your concern. Please know that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork.

I also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

~ Nikola
Upwork
pgiambalvo
Community Member

Yes to all of this.

joostdoevelaar
Community Member

Hey Nikola,

No offense to you and the job you are doing - but the reaction is exactly the opposite of what I am looking for.  Your cut and paste response only further highlights that Upwork doesn't appear to either take this seriously or has no way to stop it.

I don't know which one of the two options I would find more worrisome. 

joostdoevelaar
Community Member

In fact Nikola, a job I flagged five minutes after it was posted is still up now. Three hours later. 

Hi Joost,

I understand the frustration but I'd like to assure you that our Trust & Safety team is aware of the problem and is taking it seriously. They are working to address the issues, including higher than usual volumes of scam posts, constantly changing methods of scam accounts. Feel free to check an update in this post for more information about the team's efforts around addressing these issues.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths