Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary account hold & financial transactions are limited

anshulrastogi

Hi,

Yesterday evening, I suddenly received an email from upwork stating

"Hi,

Please be advised that your account has been placed on hold as we have received report(s) that your profile may be fake or is copied from another source."

I could not understand why this came and why my account has been put on hold. Also the Financial Transactions has been limited now and all my hard earned money has been stucked.  I did not do anything suspicious or anything fake and all the details given by me are genuine. I am top rated freelancer and has three active contracts out of which two contracts are long term clients and I need to perform weekly billing for them.

As asked in email that I need to provide Government verification docs now, I have submitted those and still waiting for upwork team for further process and removal of my account from hold and allowing me to perform financial transactions and get back to work.

Suddenly blocking of my account has put me as well as my clients in a position of great inconveneince and afterall, I am genuine person and my account is genuine too. Request you to please process the verification docs I submitted at the earliest so that I can resume back with my client's work.

If any upwork personnal or coordinator reading this, request you to please look into this matter.

Thanks

Anshul

1 REPLY 1
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anshul,

I'm sorry to hear about teh hold placed on your account. Thank you for providing the requested documents, our team will review and update your ticket soon. Please note that we can't discuss account-specific issues in the Community nor interfere with the verification process handled by a dedicated team.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS