cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary removal from Rising Talent program

babajic_jovan
Jovan B Member Since: Dec 19, 2016
1 of 13

First of all, hi upwork community. Few weeks ago i got rising talent badge and i was informed about it with mail. I worked my first fixed job and got 5 stars feedback and after that got my hourly paid job, which i still work on. Problem started when i noticed i lost my rising talent badge. I asked help center and they said they will look into it. But after few days i got mail that contained this:

We're sorry to inform you that you no longer qualify as a Rising Talent freelancer on Upwork.

To enjoy all the benefits of the Rising Talent program, you must maintain all of the following:

We still think you have what it takes to have a successful business on Upwork. To get there, successful freelancers submit proposals only to those jobs that best match their skills and follow best practices when working with their clients.

And no help from help center after that. I asked what may be the couse but no answer.

Do you have any idea guys? I mean i didn't do anything from the mail. My feedback is 5.0 (still only 1 job), profile is complete for some time, up-to-date same, and no way i had upholds.

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
2 of 13

Jovan,

"God giveth and God taketh away" - this is Upwork's algorithmic position on "rising talent". Who knows what you have done wrong?

Some freelancers get the badge without a single job and a few "failed" tests. Others do not get it after stellar results and  well over $1000 earned.  I advise you to just ignore it and not to worry about it too much. It is a "now you see it, now you don't" badge of encouragement rather than excellence.

Just keep bidding wisely and with confidence. I can appreciate that having this meaningless badge removed can lower one's confidence - don't let it.  And don't question it - you will be wasting your energy.  

babajic_jovan
3 of 13

Thank you for cheering me up. 🙂

The problem is that i am new and only good thing on my profile was that page. I got passed tests on my profile but still, badge means when someone who want to hire me see it. Well, i can only hope i got some clients now. 😄

colettelewis
Community Guru
BEST ANSWER
4 of 13

You'll be OK. Bid for jobs you know you can do and for the jobs you want to do.

View solution in original post

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 13

Hi Jovan,

While we won't be able to reveal exact details, there are multiple factors that contribute to freelancers' eligibility for Rising Talent including outcomes of their jobs and clients' public and private feedback.

As Nichola suggested, keep sending outstanding proposals to jobs that fit your skill set and deliver great results on your contracts and you'll be able to either get your Rising Talent badge back or get JSS and try for Top Rated.

~ Valeria
Upwork
gnakeur
Community Guru
Giorgi N Member Since: Dec 5, 2015
6 of 13

>>To get there, successful freelancers submit proposals only to those jobs that best match their skills

Just a guess, but may be your first job just does not match with your skills? Game testing and marketing experts?

Another guess is may be you got no so good private feedback along with 5 stars. I had similar experience.

babajic_jovan
7 of 13

I am sure i got positive feedback, client was for sure satisfied. Can it be i lost rising talent because i did job that isn't listed on my profile? 

colettelewis
Community Guru
8 of 13

@Jovan B wrote:

I am sure i got positive feedback, client was for sure satisfied. Can it be i lost rising talent because i did job that isn't listed on my profile? 

?

Jovan any job you do on Upwork, should be listed on your profile. Unless you have an open contract that has not been closed?

babajic_jovan
9 of 13

I didn't say it well. I meant is it wrong to do job that isn't listed in ''My Skills'' on my profile?

colettelewis
Community Guru
10 of 13

Ah. Absolutely not! Go for it! But it is possible that your open contract is affecting your rising talent status. You should ask your client politely, if he would like you to do any more work for him, and if not to please close the contract. (It is better ir the client closes the contract.)

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS