🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Terms of Using Paid Tools for a project.
Page options
niloysaha10
Community Member

Terms of Using Paid Tools for a project.

Hello Everyone,

I engaged with a client in a project with a fixed rate.Initially the project didn't reuired any paid tools. But as the client is asking for more accuracy so I feel the need to use a paid tools for the project. 

So can i demand to pay the client for the tools? if not then can i revise the contract and charge high so that i can cover up my cost?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Niloy S wrote:

The Project started with sending promotional email to some companies website's email address.

What Can i Do?

email spamming...

Niloy S wrote:

After completing that project successfully a new project assigned to me which is sending mails to those companies Board member. 

In 1st Project i didn't have to use any paid tools. Still i don't need... But the client is asking for accuracy.

If you can't do the work to the required standard at the price the client is willing to pay, you may want to decline further contracts with that client.

Niloy S wrote:

now i feel the need to use paid tools. But the client is not agreeing to increase the rate. And if i use paid tools then i can't cover up my cost with current rate.

What Can i Do?

Thank the client for the opportunity and move on.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Niloy S wrote:

I engaged with a client in a project with a fixed rate.Initially the project didn't reuired any paid tools. But as the client is asking for more accuracy so I feel the need to use a paid tools for the project. 

So can i demand to pay the client for the tools? if not then can i revise the contract and charge high so that i can cover up my cost?

That is something you have to negotiate with your client. What kind of tool do you mean?

In general, freelancers are expected to own the tools they need to do their work. Clients who need freelancers to use something that is out of the ordinary for their category (a client who hires a translator, for example, will expect the freelancer to have Word, Excel etc, but not necessarily Photoshop or Indesign) generally mention it in their job posts.

If you can convince the client that using whatever tool you are thinking about would be in their interest.but would come at an increased cost, the client might agree to a higher rate.

Ultimately, however, the client might decide to use another freelancer who already has the tool.

The Project started with sending promotional email to some companies website's email address. After completing that project successfully a new project assigned to me which is sending mails to those companies Board member. 

In 1st Project i didn't have to use any paid tools. Still i don't need... But the client is asking for accuracy. Which is not possible with regular searching, digging etc. now i feel the need to use paid tools. But the client is not agreeing to increase the rate. And if i use paid tools then i can't cover up my cost with current rate.

What Can i Do?

Niloy S wrote:

The Project started with sending promotional email to some companies website's email address.

What Can i Do?

email spamming...

Niloy S wrote:

After completing that project successfully a new project assigned to me which is sending mails to those companies Board member. 

In 1st Project i didn't have to use any paid tools. Still i don't need... But the client is asking for accuracy.

If you can't do the work to the required standard at the price the client is willing to pay, you may want to decline further contracts with that client.

Niloy S wrote:

now i feel the need to use paid tools. But the client is not agreeing to increase the rate. And if i use paid tools then i can't cover up my cost with current rate.

What Can i Do?

Thank the client for the opportunity and move on.

Many Many thanks for your help Petra...

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members