joshcats415

Test Expired

Good Day!

I'm having problems with the US basic spelling test. I'm new at Upwork and was exploring it last week and clicked on the spelling test but then went to another page right after. Now, when I try to take the test, it would always say that it expired and I am not able to take it until 9/13 even though I haven't taken the test yet. I am just about to start with my first job on Upwork but they are requiring me to take that test first. Hopefully, you could give me a feedback as soon as possible and help me with my concern. Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joshua,

We've reset this test and you should be able to retake it now.

Untitled

View solution in original post

98 REPLIES 98
kjacobson5

I clicked into the "spelling test" this morning to see how long it would take to complete. When I realized I didn't have the time suggested, I decided to come back when I have more time to take it later. I never clicked "Start Test." Now, a few hours later, I logged in to take the test and it is telling me that my test timed out and I can't take it until June. How can I go about getting it reset? I never started the test in the first place.  

Hi Kelsey,

Could you please try re-taking the test?

~ Valeria
Upwork

I'm now not able to take any of the tests... I'm not seeing any buttons to move forward with the tests. Is that part of the maintenance mentioned at the top that's supposed to happen on March 9? I've attached a screenshot.

Never mind! I refreshed and it's working now. Love when that happens. 😃

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Glad you were able to retake the test Kelsey!

Untitled

Would you be able to help me as well? I actually did start the test yesterday, but my screen froze in the middle of it. I just discovered this evening that the timer continued, so I basically submitted an incomplete test. You should be able to confirm this by the reviewing the number of questions that I answered correctly in the short amount of time (apparently I almost passed with an incomplete test!), but then I didn't click to view the results until a few moments ago.

How can I reset that test to try again tonight?

Thank you!!!

Hi Nicole,

Which test are you referring to? Could you please provide the name of the test?

~ Valeria
Upwork

It was the English Spelling Test (U.S. version). 

Thanks so much!

Nicole

Nicole,

Could you please try to re-take the test?

~ Valeria
Upwork

It's still saying "Earliest day you can retake this exam is 06/10/2017".

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nicole,

It appears the test was retaken yesterday, in which case you'll need to wait until the test becomes available again.

Untitled

I did not re-take this test. I definitely clicked the link to try to re-take the test per the request above, but it said the test was not available. If a second test does somehow appear in your system (which concerns me that the test could start without me knowing), you should be able to see that no answers are recorded.

To reiterate, we're talking about a SPELLING test.

Can you look further into this?

Nicole,

It looks like you took the test yesterday after it was reset and it's now showing under your tests:

Screenshot_3.png

We won't be able to reset the test again.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I believed you when you said your system reflects that I have completed the test - I wasn't accusing you of making that up. However, I did not take the test, so I'm asking you to look deeper - beyond the title of the test into the activity. 

This is a basic spelling test, so it's not the end of the world. I've passed and scored at least above average on every other test that I've taken, so I do not believe that a simple spelling test will keep me from getting any jobs. At this point, with me being new to Upwork, this is more of a customer service issue. 

As a new freelancer, I'm experiencing an issue in which your system is stating that I completed a test that I did not take. Pointing to the name of the test is not going to solve that problem; it simply reiterates it.

Please click the link to the test and review the detail.

Nicole

As a freelancer who is new to Upwork, I am very disappointed in this service.

I pointed out an issue and was summarily dismissed.  Even if I made a mistake (though I don't believe I did at all!), Upwork has not even extended the courtesy of pointing the mistake out to me so I won't repeat the mistake in June. (Note: Pointing to the title of the test demonstrates nothing.)

At the end of the day, I've successfully completed enough tests on the Upwork platform that the lack of the simple Spelling test in question should not be an issue. However, the lack on interest in addressing my concern is a huge issue.

Good Day.

I'm also having this issue, can someone reset my English US test?

Valerie, would you please do this for me too?  I am unable to submit a ticket and keep getting referred back to this forum!  I would like to take the US spelling test, but like others before me, I have been locked out.  Thanks!

Hi Sarah,

The test is available for you to take. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Hi Latesha, 

What is the earliest date you can retake test listed on the same?

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi there,

I am new to upwork and accidentally opened the virtual assistant skills test I was unable to take the test at the time and now that I have the time and am trying to take it it says that the test is expired and I can't take it for 90 days. This is the primary test for the work I am looking for so I am hoping that it can be reset and I will be able to take it. Please let me know if this is possible. 

Thank you in advance, 

Sarah

Hi Sarah, Thanks for the message. I'll ask our team to check and update you directly whether the test you mentioned can be reset.

Untitled

Yesterday I was lost my connection to upwork while I was taking a Python test on 40 from 50 question 😞 Can you reset the test for me? I see in my profile that "Earliest day you can retake this exam is 08/24/2017"

Thank you!

Hi Pavlo, 

I`m sorry about the whole situation and unfortunately we cant reset nor delete the test. However we did enabled your test to be scored on the questions you had answered so far as you said 40 out of 50. 
Check the score result and if you don`t like it you can just hide it from your profile.

~ Goran
Upwork

I'm also having this issue, can someone reset my English To Russian Translation test?

Hi Artem,

It doesn't appear as though your English to Russian translation test expired, it is visible on your profile.

~Nina
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joshua,

We've reset this test and you should be able to retake it now.

Untitled

Hello, Sir Vladimir.

I have the same case with Joshua. I created my profile months ago. I just went back to continue updating my profile while learning some lessons on Freelancing.  I haven't started my exam in Virtual Assistant yet because I go over with your guidelines. But when I go back it already says: Your test has expired. "You cannot retake this test before 9/17/2017 9:26:00 AM".  Can you please also reset this test for me?

Thank you very much in advance.

Cynthia

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cynthia,

Done, you can retake the test now.

Untitled

Sir Vladimir,

Thank you, for your prompt response. I'll do it maybe tomorrow. 

Best Regards,

Cynthia

Hi Vladimir,

I just did the same thing as everyone else. I was looking at the US spelling test but never started it; however, the system registered that as a test attempt. Is there any way you could reset the 90 day timer for me?

Thank you!

Kyle

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kyle and Yassine,

I'll ask our team to take a look and notify you in case you'll be allowed to retake this test earlier than the displayed date.

Untitled

Dear Vladimir,

I have encountered the same problem as some others in this thread. Could you lift the ban for me on "English to Japanese Translation Skills Test"? I haven't taken the test yet, but I see "Your test has expired. You cannot retake this test before 11/2/2017 10:59:00 PM". I guess I left the window open inadvertently when I hit start test  (I actually didn't mean to start the test because it was late at night and didn't have enough time). I signed up on upwork just a day or so ago, so it would be great if I can take the test so that I can start finding work without a delay.

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,
Tomonori

Hi Vladimir,

I am in same case like joshua, I am new at Upwork too and I am about taking my first job earlier. When I try the U.S English spelling test I had several times out and I would like to take the test again very quickly than specified.

Can you please reset for me this test ?

Thank you !

Hi Dramane,

I see that you've already taken English Spelling Test (U.S. version) and you can see it when you view your own profile. You'll be able to re-take it in 3 months.

~ Valeria
Upwork

hi Valeria,

thank you for your quick reply and I've noted it.

Hello Vladimir,

I have the same issue with the time expired on the U.S. spelling skills test. I never clicked to take it but I am being told that I can't take it for another almost 90 days. Can you get me re-set so that I can take the test?

Thanks!

Marc

Hi Vladimir!

Need your assistance, please. I am having this issue now. 

I was taking a test but had an internet connection problem and wasn't able to finish it.  After several hours, I tried to log in back to finish the test but the 90 days policy has been applied. Kindly assist me please.

Thank you.

Hi Michelle,

Could you please advise which test it was that you were attempting, so that we can further assist. Thank you

~Nina

Hi Nina,

Thank you for your reply. I was trying to take the Call Center Skills Test.

Regards,

Michelle