🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Testimonial rejected
Page options
elitegra
Community Member

Showcase your past experience with testimonials - FEEDBACK

This is a great idea that I have thought about it for some time now, a way to showcase some of our best testimonials. BUT to me this is not the right implementation, why should we ask a client for a second testimonial when they already left feedback? 

Simply let us select from our job history the testimonials we want to feature, this will also be more legitimate. Otherwise, how can some proof they actually worked together? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,355 REPLIES 1,355
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gordon,

This feature is only available for users who have a LinkedIn account. You'll need their email address in order to send them a request. 

You can still use your profile overview or portfolio section to include endorsements and testimonials from people you worked with outside of Upwork. Make sure not to share any private or contact information.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan.

Can you please respond to my question about the testimonial that was not accepted. All the details supplied were correct in terms of email, linkedin profile etc. I really need to get this sorted asap. It seems 1. Nothing is being done about this and 2. there is no way to reapply for the same testimonial. As a freelancer, these testimonials are very important and can make the difference between getting work and not. If you could respond asap please so this can be resolved.

Regards

Steve WIlson

Hi Stephen,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks Aleksander. The testimonial is now approved. Much appreciated.

Regards

Steve

rozdilski-sarah
Community Member

I received an email stating that a testimonial from a client was not approved. Are testimonials only allowed from clients from the Upwork site? This client is very legit, but I was not hired to work for them through the Upwork site.

Hi Sarah,

Freelancers can ask their past clients (including clients outside of Upwork) to write them a testimonial that will show up on their profile.

To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information. You can try requesting another from a different client. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

This is the client. I would really like to use her testimonial. If you need to contact her, please feel free to.

Sadly, UpWork only considers a LinkedIn account as a legit vetting of a non-Upwork client. So if your client is not a LinkedIn member you will not be able to use their testimonial. Since LinkedIn is primarily a Business and Financial network there are many clients that we work with who are not LinkedIn members. For instance why would a person who is not a career financier or business professional have an account there. Many clients are working in other fields. The homeowners who contact me for landscape designs usually don’t have a LinkedIn account. I find this very unfair on the part of UpWork.

I understand, but this person is on LinkedIn. I checked.
f5e43e77
Community Member

Hello
My clients are not getting notification when am sending request to write testimonial for me.

Hi Neerja,

Please ask your client to check their spam and junk folders to search for an email with a title "has requested a reference". You can also double check if you have used the correct email address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
42cd4915
Community Member

Dear Community,

hoping I find you well.

I'm here asking support about testimonials' argument.

I have just requested some testimonials to my Non-Upwork customers but I have just received confirmation by the Upwork Team that they have no sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. I give them e-mail address and Linkedin contact: so how can I do in order to showed-up these precious testimonials into my profile? Thank a lot for your answers. Great day to all of you.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marco,

To ensure the trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information. You can try requesting another from a different client.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Make the testimonials a quote in your profile description.
11f7a755
Community Member

1. Portfolio is under review. Originally it had a typo. I misspelled 'with' with 'wit'. I corrected it. I am not sure if it is because of the image or description or anything else that it is under review. Anything I can do on my part to resolve it?
    (I created another Portfolio for a client's recent  project and it got published immediately. But the one in question was for a past project dating couple of months back.)
  2. I sent a request for testimonial. I wrongly put my own name instead of the attestant's. Is there a way to edit it?

Thank you.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zeeshan,

When you add a portfolio item and link it to a contract on Upwork, it needs to be approved by the client through the system. We’ll automatically email the client when a portfolio item has been linked, giving them three days to reject it. If they don’t reject it in the time allotted, the item will be publicly linked to your work history.

Please allow time for your testimonial request to be reviewed and then the team will be able to address your request for editing it.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
11f7a755
Community Member

Thanks Bojan!

I wonder what would happen if you ask for a testimonial and someone just slams you. It would stay on your profile for the rest of your life. These are what keeps me awake at night.

016e5b5e
Community Member

I have a non-UpWork client that would like to write a testimonial for me, but I cannot send the request as he does not have a LinkedIn profile. Is there another way I can add his testimonial?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jessica,

At this time, this feature is only available for users who have a LinkedIn account.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Write it in the script of your profile description.
iradovsky
Community Member

is it correct to freelancer to have more testimonials then finished jobs?

Sergei K wrote:

is it correct to freelancer to have more testimonials then finished jobs?

Testimonials are basically testimonials from previous NON-UPWORK clients, so yes, a freelancer can have 3 testimonials (for example) but no completed Upwork contracts yet.

What you get (hopefully) after completing Upwork contracts is "feedback" which is not the same and in a different section of your profile.

2ed2e906
Community Member

I am new to Upwork and facing problem in getting a job. I have completed my 100% profile and submitting proposals as well. But no luck till now. Last week I got a notification from upwork to include testimonials from past clients on my profile. One of my client has even send me testimonial from his linkedin profile but it is not showing in my upwork profile. Please advice me about this. How long it takes to show the testimonial on my profile.

Hi Shivani,

Thanks for reaching out about our testimonial feature, which is currently being tested with select freelancers like you. While we are excited to share that the feature is proving to be very popular unfortunately we've received so many requests that it's taking us a while to review each one. As a result, please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed. We apologize for the delay, but please know we are still testing and optimizing this beta feature. Thanks!

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
dozohub
Community Member

Hi Shivani,

I am facing the same issue. I have like three clients who have submitted their testimonials only for me to get a mail from Upwork that their testimonal was not approved. My question is, whats the point of requesting them for testimonials and then its dismissed. What prove does Upwork need to prove someone worked with a certain client outside Upwork? I really dont understand and they are not making me. See attached screenshot.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Karichu,

I'm sorry to hear that the testimonials you requested weren't approved. Testimonials involving non-Upwork clients must be verified through our systems to check the validity of the review. If for any reason we are not able to validate it, unfortunately, we are not able to publish the review. We won’t be able to share the details of our process. Thanks for your understanding.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

To Upwork Administration and moderators,

So what this translates to is — let’s look good by say we accept non Upwork testimonials, but let’s keep all the verification process secret so that our freelancers are in the dark and can never get an off Upwork profile verified. Never mind the embarrassment to the freelancers who ask for testimonials which you never plan to approve and the embarrassment of former clients finding out that we are wasting their time and the freelancers time.

Without us freelancers your business will fold! Please don’t abuse your freelancers. Whose side are you on?

1. Either be clear on the process of vetting off Upwork testimonials so we know before we request them if they are good candidates who will pass vetting.

OR

2. STOP teasing us freelancers to bump up our profiles by including off Upwork testimonials on our profiles.

This is not good business practice or decent treatment of your freelancers.

This feels devious to freelancers who are your bread and butter.

Hi Kathy M.

Preciselt correct. Couldn't agree more. Thank you for this.

I agree with Kathy

simona94
Community Member

Hi,

I sent requests for testimonials to my clients but i realized that this is only for 'clients outside upwork.
But i sent this to my upwork clients. Am i going to recieve restrictions to my upwork profile because i sent this to my upwork clients. I don't work for them outside upwork.

Hi Simona,

Rest assured that no action will be taken on account of you sending the request to an existing client on Upwork. As long as you're working with that client via Upwork and processing all payments via the platform your account is in line with Upwork TOS.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
945b7122
Community Member

I can't submit people's names for Request Testimonials because it requires LinkedIn profiles and some of them aren't on LinkedIn.

Hi Nick,

Unfortunately, they will need to have a LinkedIn profile in order to be able to request a Testimonial. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks, Vladimir. Is there any other way that potential clients could be
directed to read testimonials from the people I have worked for in the
past? I don't suppose there is any way to get Upwork to modify their
Request Testimonials link?

Hi Nick, thank you for reaching out to us.

Regarding the request form, all fields need to be populated in order for a request to be submitted, including the client's Linkedin profile. 

You can consider showcasing feedback you've received from clients outside of Upwork (ones that you're unable to request a testimonial from via the testimonial feature) in your profile Portfolio.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Upwork did not approve my testimonial, I shared all the relevant contact details of the customer such as Name, Email, Job Title, Linkedin Profile.  Please let me know why you don't have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. If required I can share all the details of my client again here also. Can you help Goran V?

I recently requested a testimonial from a non-upwork client. The client has submitted the testimonial on 8.5.21. It was showing in pending status but now it is not visible. It was a genuine testimonial so why it is not visible? 

Upwork did not approve my testimonial, I shared all the relevant contact details of the customer such as Name, Email, Job Title, Linkedin Profile.  Please let me know why you don't have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. 

Hi Veethika,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
nekkadesign
Community Member

My client testimonial was rejected but I have consistently worked with (and still work with) this client. Is there any way I can prove this so Upwork can add my testimonial to my profile?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members