🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Testimonial request
Page options
elitegra
Community Member

Showcase your past experience with testimonials - FEEDBACK

This is a great idea that I have thought about it for some time now, a way to showcase some of our best testimonials. BUT to me this is not the right implementation, why should we ask a client for a second testimonial when they already left feedback? 

Simply let us select from our job history the testimonials we want to feature, this will also be more legitimate. Otherwise, how can some proof they actually worked together? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,355 REPLIES 1,355
abby2702
Community Member

I requested two of my previous clients to write a testimonials for my profile thru upwork. Both of them has responded and said that they have submitted it. But, my profile says it is pending. What could be the reason. 

Regards.

Abhishek

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for reaching out about your testimonial submission -- we are happy to learn that you're finding value in this feature. Unfortunately, due to the high number of testimonials we receive, we cannot expedite your request. While the quoted review time is within 10 days, please know in most cases we complete our review within 5 days. We truly appreciate your patience through this process!

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Ohh great ! thanks for the response. 

bogo_gd
Community Member

I sent a testimonial request to a non-upwork client but he, by mistake, deleted the email. How can I send it back to him, since the system does not allow it? Thank you.

Hi Federica,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I shared your problem with the team and they resent the email so your client should be able to leave the testimonial now. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you!
khenz211
Community Member

Greetings, i requested a testimonial from my client out side upwork and he told me he has given me a feedback 9hours ago but the feedback hasnt been added to my upwork profile, how long do i have to wait for it to appear on my profile.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ogunmokun,

Please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed. We apologize for the delay, but please know we are still testing and optimizing this feature.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
jeanine-romao
Community Member

Hi, I created my profile more than 24h ago and since I haven't got any work here yet, I asked private clients to give me a testimonial. I know for certain that at least one of them did and this hasn't shown on my profile yet. Why is that?

Hi Jeanine,

Thanks for reaching out about your testimonial submission.  Due to the high number of testimonials we receive, the quoted review time is within 10 days. In most cases, we complete our review within 5 days.

We truly appreciate your patience through this process!

~ Bojan
Upwork
jeanine-romao
Community Member

Hi, I had a client write me a testimonial. He has confirmed that it has been written and for some reason it doesn't show on my profile. Why is that?

Hi Jeanine,

Thanks for reaching out about our testimonial feature, which is currently being tested with select freelancers like you. While we are excited to share that the feature is proving to be very popular unfortunately we've received so many requests that it's taking us a while to review each one. As a result, please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed. We apologize for the delay. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
chernykh-maxim
Community Member

Dear Upwork Community! Question: When my client will receive instructions to prepare a testimony for me? I sent all details within Upwork on 16th October 2020. My client does not receive any email from Upwork.

Hi Maxim,

Please refer to the instructions I`ve shared in my previous post. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
jeaninewil
Community Member

I requested an off UpWork client testimonial through the "testimonials" section of my profile, and the client has told me he hasjust responded. While the notification "Your testimonial is awaiting ___'s response"  is gone, I can't see the testimonial anywhere on my profile, either on the private or public view. 

Is there a certain amount of time that the testimonial will show up after?

Hi Jeanine,

Please allow up to 10 business days for the review on your testimonial to be completed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
hamiltonseo
Community Member

Hi, when adding a client's LinkedIn Profile for a testimonial it says it's invalid when it's not.  

Hi Joanne,

Could you please confirm if the link you're trying to enter suits one of these formats:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/company/CLIENTNAME 
https://www.linkedin.com/in/CLIENTNAME
http://www.linkedin.com/in/company/CLIENTNAME
http://www.linkedin.com/in/CLIENTNAME

Please reach back to us with more information and we'll be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
hammer7377
Community Member

I requested a testimonial from a non-Upwork client and the request just led him to my profile... No way to submit the testimonial. Just now I see the the upwork.com website is down. Could that be part of the issue?

In addition, I have 4 testimonials which have been pending review for more than 36 hours. When should I expect them to post?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Brian,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the client that's experiencing the issue with the testimonial request? I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Please allow 10 business days for your requests to be reviewed.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
mirkec23
Community Member

I have sent 4 requestes to my previous client for whom I did projects outside of the Upwork. They sent their feedback, but I still didn't get approval for Upwork (5 days) for those requestes. Is there specified amount of time to wait or?! Thank you

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Mirko,

Unfortunately, due to the high number of testimonials we receive, we cannot expedite your request. While the quoted review time is within 10 days, please know in most cases we complete our review within 5 days. We truly appreciate your patience through this process! Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
shaharia_amyk
Community Member

I have added a non-Upwork client testimonial about 10 business days ago. for the last 10 days, it showed your testimonial is pending but today it didn't even show up? why is that?

Hi Mushfiqur,

To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information. You can try requesting another from a different client.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
jasonshomer
Community Member

Anyone know if there is a way to change the order of testimonials...like how they appear on my profile?  I want a specific one to appear first.  Is that possible?

gndumbri
Community Member

Hi I am not able to request a testimonial because the field is saying the Linkedin profile is invalid. The link is correct and there are no typos. The URL is **Edited for community guidelines** Why  is this not working?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gabe,

Could you please try entering the link in one of these formats:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/company/CLIENTNAME 
https://www.linkedin.com/in/CLIENTNAME
http://www.linkedin.com/in/company/CLIENTNAME
http://www.linkedin.com/in/CLIENTNAME

Please reach back to us if the issue persists. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
782e68b6
Community Member

I sent testimonial request to one of my outside-upwork clients. But he didn't receive any email. As I had thought that it could be an error so I tried again but Upwork is not letting me send another request to the same client. What can I do?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andrea Guadalupe,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the testimonial you're referring to. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
9ddbecee
Community Member

Hi. I have the exact same issue. Client swears he has not got the email. Has even sent me screenshots of his inbox to prove it never arrived. It's possible it ended up in his spam folder but if so, he has already emptied that. And UpWork's system won't allow me to resend it. What can I do? Thanks a lot.

Hi Simeon,

I am sorry for the late response. I shared your report with our team and they have sent a new testimonial request to your client. Let us know if you need our further assistance. Thank you for your patience.

~ Nikola
Upwork
umaza_naeem
Community Member

Hello! After getting the notification of non-upwork client's testimonial I thought just to do it. So I asked two of my clients for testimonial and they agreed to do it for me. But the thing is that there testimonials weren't approved. saying that there wasn't enough evidence. I mean I provided both linkedin and email address of my clients and still there wasn't enough evidence? If there's any other requirement then I don't know what it is. 

I want to know why were their testimonials not approved? So if I asked some other client, it will be sure that their testimonial will approve because I can't keep asking my client's for testimonials if every time they get rejected.

Hi Umaza,

I'm sorry to hear that the testimonials got rejected. To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information. You can try requesting another from a different client.

Please note that we do have tools and a system in place to review and check the validity of the testimonials. To better ensure the integrity of our review, we do not share the details of our process. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
abby-digital
Community Member

I got an email that read in part:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

How can I fix this?

Hi Abby,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
179f6435
Community Member

Hey everybody, first time post here.I submitted testimonial requests to non Upwork clients and some were approved but I had 2 that weren't approved. The email I got said it wasn't able to verify the contact information but I provided all the details. Wondering if there's a way to get more insight on why the testimonials weren't approved. Thanks!

Hi Ryan,

I'm sorry to hear that the testimonials got rejected. To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information. You can try requesting another from a different client.

Please note that we do have tools and a system in place to review and check the validity of the testimonials. To better ensure the integrity of our review, we do not share the details of our process. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
shohagupwork
Community Member

Hi

I sent testimonial request to one of my outside-upwork clients. But he didn't receive any email. As I had thought that it could be an error so I tried again but Upwork is not letting me send another request to the same client. What can I do now?

Thanks

Hi Shohag,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) and share more details about your client? This way I will be able to escalate it to our team to investigate it and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Did you get my PM?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths