🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Testimonial
Page options
alex20280
Community Member

Testimonial

Hello.

I sent a request to the employer to leave a testimonial for me. But he says that he hasn't got any email from Upwork. What could be the problem?

7 REPLIES 7
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aleksandr,

I just sent you a PM, please follow up on that message with more information and I'll assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
557ca947
Community Member

Hello Bojan, 

I also have the same issue- my clients have a LinkedIn profile and email and haven't received a request for a testimonial- How exactly do they receive the submitted request?

Thanks 

Camila

Hi Camila,

While this feature isn’t available at this stage to everyone, freelancers included in the test will see a new Testimonials section on their profile, under their “Work history and feedback“ section. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello Joanne,

Could you please explain how the testimonial process works on the client's side?

Oneself assume the client gets the email from Upwork (which may arrive into their spam folder, BTW) and then they probably have to click on a link to open a form, etc.I think it's useful to have the basics of this process to inform your external clients about this and in this way make it easier to them.

In the end they are doing a favor to us, so it is nice making it easier for them, don't you think?

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Clicerio,

That is correct, the client will receive an email about the freelancer's testimonial request. Once they click the button, they'll be taken to the page where they can write and submit their testimonial,

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks Bojan,

I have another question.

Can you request testimonials  from  external clients only?
Are former managers or former workmates allowed to vouch for a freelancer?

Thanks

Clicerio

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Clicerio,

Please note that a portfolio item doesn't have to be linked to an Upwork contract. You can still use your profile overview or portfolio section to include endorsements and testimonials from people you worked with outside of Upwork. Make sure not to share any private or contact information.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members