🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Testimonial
Page options
elitegra
Community Member

Showcase your past experience with testimonials - FEEDBACK

This is a great idea that I have thought about it for some time now, a way to showcase some of our best testimonials. BUT to me this is not the right implementation, why should we ask a client for a second testimonial when they already left feedback? 

Simply let us select from our job history the testimonials we want to feature, this will also be more legitimate. Otherwise, how can some proof they actually worked together? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,355 REPLIES 1,355
9f824c56
Community Member

Hi,
Thanks for the quick response. The reality stands that the testimony was
valid, though, so I'm wondering what measures we can take to rectify the
situation. I'm sure your team knows how hard it is to freelance and
particularly how hard it is to stand out on Upwork, so I need every
testimonial that I have, especially as someone so new to the platform. What
can we do here?

Thanks,
Melanie

Melanie,

Unfortunately, if a testimonial has been rejected, it can't be re-submitted and reviewed again. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria,

What other options are there to get a testimonial? Why can't I resend the request? 

9f824c56
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

Thanks for the response. I understand that you aren't able to share your systems. However, the reality stands that this testimonial was from a valid client, whose LinkedIn profile is complete and who submitted the testimonial from his work email address. As someone new to Upwork, I really need to be able to use my pre-Upwork client testimonials to build my profile on here. What measures can we take to rectify this? I'd be happy to connect you directly with my client. 

Thanks,

Melanie

Hello! I want to request a testimonial from my client on Upwork but they don't have a linkedin profile. Can I request one without it, and if yes, how?

Hi Kifah,

Unfortunately, your client will need to have a LinkedIn profile to be able to post a testimonial from them. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
d504057d
Community Member

Hi Bojan, does upwark have a workaround for the clients we have worked with that do not have a LinkedIn Profile? I am trying to build my profile, I have worked with 3 clients that do not have a linkedin profile and it seems very limiting - not to mention inconvenient if I can't ask for their testimonials if they dont have a linkedin profile. Looking foward to your response. Thanks

Hi Sandy,

Your client will need to have a LinkedIn profile for them to be able to post a testimonial for you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
shaheen45
Community Member

Hi,
I want to get endorse by non Upwork client so I when proceed, form not accepted the provided link of LinkedIn profile of Client's company,,. Please mention the correct method to insert LinkedIn profile
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shaheen, 

What seems to be the error when you add your client's LinkedIn profile? Please share more information so that our team can assist you further. Please also be sure that you are using their LinkedIn profile link in the LinkedIn profile link field. 

~ Avery
Upwork
shaheen45
Community Member

Hi,
Following link I'm entering but not working
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Shaheen,

Could you please use an individual person's profile link and not a company? Unfortunately, company link may not be accepted for testimonials. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello everyone,

Previously I was able to see testimonial section in my profile.

I had sent one request from there.

But somehow that was not approved and after that when I am checking profile to send onther testimonial request, I am not able to see 'testimonial' section in my profile.

Anyone have idea that from where I can get access this again?

Hi,
I was not aware of the testimonial. I thought this is for our previous clients and I have requested my previous client and now no one is responding to me. So now how I can remove that pending request and one more thing will it affect my job score?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Harpreet,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

If my client does not have his LinkedIn account how can he write a testimonial for me?

Hi Muhammad,

To request a testimonial, your clients need to have a LinkedIn profile.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
83f3adec
Community Member

Hi! I have an important client who's willing to write a testimonial but I'm not able to send him testimonial request since he doesn't have LinkedIn account. IS there any other way he can write a testimonial for me? He's non-Upwork client. Thank you.

Hi Leana,

Unfortunately no, your client will need to have a LinkedIn profile to be able to post a testimonial from them. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

My client has no clue where she can leave or write a tistemonial I requested. I any thoughts?

Thanks,

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Elvis,

Your Client should receive the email once you send them the request. Please advise them to check their inbox and spam folder. They also can check the settings for their email provider and make sure emails from Upwork aren't being blocked. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
larryfromohio
Community Member

The testimonial request form does not allow a testimonial from someone who does not have a Linkedin page.

Hi Larry,

That is correct! 

As of now, Upwork testimonials can only be requested from clients that have a LinkedIn account.

No other options are yet available.

Best,

Hugo

Thanks, Hugo, for the confirmation of the situation. I wish someone at Upwork could explain or justify that prerequisite. ANYONE can have a Linkedin page and still have no credibility to write a testimonial. Right?

In promotion and advertising, a testimonial or show consists of a person's written or spoken statement extolling the virtue of a product. The term testimonial most commonly applies to the sales-pitches attributed to ordinary citizens My AARP Medicare

What I’m asking why would the existence of a Linkedin page be a prerequisite for a testimonial. My client is a writer with a published book coming out in May but his profession for the past 50 years has been a county prosecutor who has had no need for or want to have a Linkedin page. I’m hoping that Upwork would admit and allow the testimonial to be posted with or without a Linkedin page.

Hi Larry,

Currently, clients are required to have a LinkedIn profile in order for their testimonials to get approved as part of this feature. I understand the importance of sharing the feedback from an off-Upwork client you mentioned and you can still include it in the Portfolio section of your profile, without any contact information of course. 

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Great tip. Thanks!
araedhi
Community Member

Hey, i am facing an issue with testimonials, my client did not received email !

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ahmed,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) and share your client name and email with me so that our team can investigate it further? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

ok

Ahmed R wrote:

Hey, i am facing an issue with testimonials, my client did not received email !

Yes. The "client" won't receive email if the email was ever associated with an Upwork account at any time in the past.

It is a given that folks will try to send themselves emails so they can write the testimonials themselves and then complain that the email was never received.

Abinadab A wrote:

Yes. The "client" won't receive email if the email was ever associated with an Upwork account at any time in the past.

Hi Abinadab,

I'd like to follow up and confirm that the limitation you described isn't in place for this feature.

Even though this feature is intended to reflect freelancer's experience with clients outside of Upwork, we are allowing testimonials from Upwork clients at this time.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
c1b95cf1
Community Member

Same here

Hi Victor,

Could you please share more information about your concern so we can assist you? Thanks.

~ Joanne
Upwork
c1b95cf1
Community Member

Hi,
I made mistake while inputting E-mail of my clients testimonial.
Thanks

Hi Victor,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
144ontour
Community Member

Dear support,

I have a problem with my testimonial approval. I've just asked my client (outside the UpWork) to leave me a review - but I've just got an email saying "testimonial was not approved". May I ask why? Everything was linked (even his LinkedIn profile). His testimonial is real and confirmed in other places like Google My Company or Facebook reviews. Could you please check it once again?

Best,
Oskar

Hi Oskar,

I'm sorry the testimonial you requested wasn't approved. If we aren't able to validate a review from a non-Upwork client, it won't be published. Unfortunately, if a testimonial has been rejected, it can't be re-submitted and reviewed again. Thanks for your understanding.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
vsanguinetti
Community Member

Hi, I've recently noticed the new Testimonials feature that freelancers can add in their profile page (great idea), but I'm having this problem when requesting that to some clients. Not everybody has a LinkedIn account, and currently it's a requirement to ask for a Testimonial... isn't there another way around this? Can't you check via other way if the client is real? Thanks for clearing this up. V.-
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members