🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I want to remove a pending testimonial re...
Page options
hamagust
Community Member

Testimonials

Hi, I am new to UpWork, and honoured and happy to be part of this community.

I have worked as a freelancer for a while on other platforms, and this says much about my actual profile and skills... But my profile cannot highlight such experience, because, of course, I am new at Upwork...  So I believe being able to somehow include the feedback (reviews) from the clients from other platforms would be perfect to qualify my profile... I would like to ask which is the best and acceptable way to do so...  

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Tomoe,

We appreciate you reaching out and welcome to Upwork! We know how important it is for you, as a freelancer, to put your best foot forward with potential clients. That’s why we support testimonials, a way to highlight the awesome work you’ve done outside of Upwork with testimonials straight from your clients! When you’ve done a great job, this is a quick, simple way to showcase it, right on your Upwork profile. Please follow these instructions on how to request a testimonial:

1. Go to Settings, then My Profile.
  2. Scroll down to the “Testimonials” section.
  3. Click on “Request a testimonial.”
  4. Enter your client’s contact information, including a link to their LinkedIn account. 

Once you’ve completed your part, we’ll email your request to your client and let you know when we hear back. We wish you the best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

318 REPLIES 318

Thank you Arjay.  Unfortunately, none of those cliets have LinkedIn.  A tad off topic but since you are using LinkedIn to verify such client testimonial request, I wonder why you do provide LinkedIN social options for freelancers profile settings?  Am I missing something?

Hi Eddie,

To ensure trust and quality in our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients when we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. Having a LinkedIn profile is one of the requirements from your client for the testimonials to be approved. We have tools and a system in place to review and check the validity of the testimonials. To better ensure the integrity of our review, we do not share the details of our process. Thank you for understanding.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello, Arjay,

My past freelancing experience and policies don't give me much access to their LinkedIn profiles. I later got one and followed all the steps to request a client testimonial. I'm still working with the client in the long term. But the testimonial got rejected because it wasn't valid enough. I have all proofs and evidence to show our past projects together, when it starts, and how far we have gone. Could you please help open a request to share proofs?

Thanks!

Taofeek

Hi Famurewa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via email to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello, I am new to Upwork. Last week I asked my manager for whom I still work sometimes now to write a testimonial about the years I have worked for him. I received an email that it was denied because there is not sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. I don't understand why this is it, probably it is checked by an Artificial Intelligence since his LinkedIn profile states his company, not his name. Anyways, it is really annoying because I have plenty of evidence that his contact information is valid. I still work for him! And I would really appreciate if someone helps me, and explains to me why this error happens before I ask other of my former clients to send me recommendations. I understand the platform must be secure and honest, but the filtering done is not correct, and I see it happens to other people too. Would be great to receive some human support. Thank you!

Hi Desislava,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
eyad_beshr
Community Member

HI,

I've sent a request for testimonial to previous client out of upwork  about 3 days ago.

the client has a LinkedIn account and everything is in place. However, until now he didn't receive any email from Upwork!

He even checked his spam folder and any filters that might be blocking. and still nothing!!

It seems that Upwork didn't send an email to begin with. 

Can you please help fix this issue

Thanks in advance,

Hi Eyad,

Thank you for your message.  Could ask the client to search again for the words “has requested a reference” in their inbox to see if it went to their spam folder? Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pardeep,

I asked the client to check as you mentioned. And still nothing is there!!

he checked his email inside out and, up and down.

and NO message was received! 

Hi Eyad,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
86dab952
Community Member

Hi, I had made a testimonial request on Mar 03 2022 but it is still showing in pending I want to remove it please assist in this regard. Thanks!

Hi Shahid,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Community Member

I submitted a  request for a testimonial for my client but the email was not correct. Can I remove it and send a new request so my client can write the review?

Thanks In advance for help me

Hi Yeasin,

We'll have someone from our team reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you.

~Andrea
Upwork
imadhamza
Community Member

Hello! I did something recently and I am stressed about my new Upwork Profile.

1. After completing my first job. I asked for a testimonial from my client.
2. I asked for a LinkedIn profile link too from my client.
Is it valid according to Upwork policy? If not what is the solution?

Hi Imad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Testimonials are a way to highlight the awesome work you’ve done outside of Upwork straight from your clients. You can read more about this here.

Your clients in Upwork can just leave feedback for you after you've finished working on their project. You can learn more about this here and here.

~ AJ
Upwork
creative-jk
Community Member

Hi Goran,

Can we again request a testimonial from the same client if the previous testimonial has mistakes in it?

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
aqsamubeen56
Community Member

The client's LinkedIn profile link isn't working to get testimonials.
Please help

Hi Aqsa,

Could you please try using one of the following link formats when adding your client's profile link?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/company/CLNAME
https://www.linkedin.com/in/CLNAME
http://www.linkedin.com/in/company/CLNAME
http://www.linkedin.com/in/CLNAME

If that doesn't help could you please share more details about the error you're experiencing?

~Andrea
Upwork
f0e13e49
Community Member

Hi,

I had requested one of my clients outside Upwork for a Testimonial. He has provided the testimonial but it is pending for approval since last one week.

Just wanted to check by when I can expect it to be approved.

Thank you.

Hi Ananth,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
stky24
Community Member

My testimonial request has been pending for a few days now. Please advise when will it appear on my profile. 

farjadarshad
Community Member

I have requested a client for testimonial and he send it to me but it is still pending. Is there any action required on my side or at his side, please advice.

Hi Muhammad Farjad,

Once you’ve completed your part, we’ll email your request to your client and let you know when we hear back. It takes time for our team to process and validate every request, so you may have to wait a few days for the testimonial to display on your profile. for the time being, you may want to visit this help article to learn more about how Testimonials work.

~ Arjay
Upwork
asimali7865
Community Member

Hi, I am new to UpWork, and honoured and happy to be part of this community.

I have worked as a freelancer for a while on other platforms, and this says much about my actual profile and skills... But my profile cannot highlight such experience, because, of course, I am new at Upwork...  So I believe being able to somehow include the feedback (reviews) from the clients from other platforms would be perfect to qualify my profile... I would like to ask which is the best and acceptable way to do so...  

I give you testimonials you also give me please 

Thank you in advance 

Hi Asim,

Thank you for your message. We know many freelancers have worked with clients outside of Upwork and we want to give them an opportunity to showcase that on Upwork by getting Testimonials from these clients. You can request Testimonials from the clients you worked with outside of Upwork or on the other platforms. We do have tools and a system in place to review and check the validity of the testimonials. So, requesting a fake Testimonial will lead to sanction on your Upwork account for violating Upwork TOS.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
d4e16f48
Community Member

I worked for a client. Upwork said I could request testimonial via LinkedIn. She wrote the testimonial and ever since then it has been on pending. Why?

Hi Oluwatosin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
b5fe2903
Community Member

Hi,

I need help, I am new to this platform as a freelancer however I was providing services related my niche on other social media accounts. 

I have a client for testimonial but he don't know how to reply on my testimonial request. Kindly help me and guide me how can assist him so that he can submit his testimonial on my profile?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Regards,

Iqra 

Hi Iqra,

Thank you for your message. You need to provide your client's Linkedin profile while submitting a Testimonial request. Once the request is submitted by you, an email will be sent to the client at the email address provided by you with instructions on how to submit a testimonial. Check out this help page for more information. Feel free to reach us if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
sagarnaliyapara
Community Member

In last week I've requested for testimonials to 10 previous client and some of them has responded and their testimonials were visible in my profile as well but all of a sudden no testimonials are visible in my profile at the moment, what could be the issue?

Hi Sagar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Right now the issue is solved but no one has reach out to me with support ticket, seems like it was glitch from Upwork

Hi Sagar,

Thank you for your message. Glad to hear that the issue is already resolved and I am sorry to hear that you did not receive a response from the team. I will share your feedback with the relevant team.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
67a2c875
Community Member

I no longer have the testimonial section as part of my the editable my profile page. I can see testimonials written for me previously in the public view, but I cannot request testimonials, nor see the status of those that I have requested (I know I should have one pending). Looking for any advice on how to get the section back please.

Thanks in advance

Laura

Hi Laura,

I tried but wasn’t able to replicate the issue you’re describing. Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. Also note that we only officially support the latest two versions of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi,

The section seems to be back now. So maybe just a temporary glitch. Thanks for your advice, I'll keep that in mind for the future. 

kenstone
Community Member

Hi, back when testimonials first came out in 2020 I hit the limit of 20 testimonial requests.  It's been over two years and I can not delete the ones that did not respond and I can not add a new testimonial request from a recent client.  Is there a way to delete very old requests to make space for new ones?

Hi Ken,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths