🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Testimonials
Page options
hamagust
Community Member

Testimonials

Hi, I am new to UpWork, and honoured and happy to be part of this community.

I have worked as a freelancer for a while on other platforms, and this says much about my actual profile and skills... But my profile cannot highlight such experience, because, of course, I am new at Upwork...  So I believe being able to somehow include the feedback (reviews) from the clients from other platforms would be perfect to qualify my profile... I would like to ask which is the best and acceptable way to do so...  

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Tomoe,

We appreciate you reaching out and welcome to Upwork! We know how important it is for you, as a freelancer, to put your best foot forward with potential clients. That’s why we support testimonials, a way to highlight the awesome work you’ve done outside of Upwork with testimonials straight from your clients! When you’ve done a great job, this is a quick, simple way to showcase it, right on your Upwork profile. Please follow these instructions on how to request a testimonial:

1. Go to Settings, then My Profile.
  2. Scroll down to the “Testimonials” section.
  3. Click on “Request a testimonial.”
  4. Enter your client’s contact information, including a link to their LinkedIn account. 

Once you’ve completed your part, we’ll email your request to your client and let you know when we hear back. We wish you the best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

338 REPLIES 338

Hi Nirajan,

Thank you for reaching out. Yes, you can resend the request using the correct email address. You don't have to delete the other one as it expires after fourteen days of not getting a response.

~ AJ
Upwork

This was the exact mistake I made that made me loose confirmation from my two clients and right now, I'm seriously in need of a testimonial. I wish I could get some help on this. My client sees it a big deal to reconfirm my testimonial. 

Hi there,

It hasn't been removed after 14 days. Matter of fact it has been more than a month already.

How do I go about it?

Thank you.

Hi Nirajan,

We saw your posts and response in the community and converted them into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page for further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
58868a05
Community Member

Please I need help on getting a verified testimonial for my profile. I've used the opportunities from my previous clients, and how I'm in need of at least one verified testimonial. I believe someone can assist. I'll be delighted on getting this please. Thanks. @ testimonial 

Hi De,

Thank We support testimonials, a way to highlight the awesome work you’ve done outside of Upwork with testimonials straight from your clients! When you’ve done a great job, this is a quick, simple way to showcase it, right on your Upwork profile. 

You may Enter your client’s contact information after hitting on the "Request a testimonial" button from the image you shared above including a link to their LinkedIn account. 

Once you’ve completed your part, we’ll email your request to your client and let you know when we hear back. We wish you the best of luck!

You may want to visit this help article to learn more about how Testimonials work and how you can request one from your client.

~ Arjay
Upwork
58868a05
Community Member

I know the steps already, I only have two clients I've worked for out of upwork. I've gotten only one and the other didn't work out. That is why I'm trying to see if I can get another one. What other suggestion do you have for me?  I'll be glad to implement them. 

bhavsinhsolanki
Community Member

Please examine my profile as I haven't had any employment offers in the last few months.
I tried everything, but it wasn't successful for me.

Can you please help me?

Awaiting your response.

Best wishes
Bhavsinh Solanki

58868a05
Community Member

How do I go about getting a testimonial for my profile if I've not had any previous client on upwork or LinkedIn to verify me. Please I need your assistance on getting a testimonial for my account. Thanks. 

26fd8f37
Community Member

Hello community, 

I have a student that made the testimonial for me twenty days ago, and it doesn´t appear on my profile. Can anybody help me? Does it happen  frequently? I´d appreciate your answers! 

Laura

Hi Laura,

Thank you for reaching out. Were you able to include your previous client's LinkedIn profile? In order for the testimonila to be approved, they would have to have a LinkedIn profile. Also, to ensure trust and quality in our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients when we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information. You can try requesting another from a different client.

~ AJ
Upwork
9metahir
Community Member

Hi, 
I wanted to know if by asking one of my current or previous clients for a reference/recommendation letter, I violate any of the Upwork Policies? 

I google and searched the Upwork community but could not find the exact question.

Hi Dr. Nouman,

I'd like to confirm that this is a feature that already exists in Upwork. You can send your clients outside of Upwork a Testimonial request so that they can share their experience working with you, which would show in your public Upwork profile. Feel free to check out this help article for more information on the requirements and how you can take advantage of this.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9metahir
Community Member

Hi Luiggi R,
Thank you for answering my question. But I think I was not able to explain my question in correct way. 
What I meant was that I have had a client (from a certain country) on UpWork, and now I have an invitation for a Job interview (Physical job, not on UpWork) and for that, I need to submit a few Experience letters.

I now wonder if I can ask my UpWork client to provide me with a recommendation letter/reference that I can use in my C.V. 
Thank you!

Regards,
Nouman T. 

justinthomson34
Community Member

I am a trans woman and I was easily able to change my name but I was wondering if there was a way to change the name my clients used on testimonials? I dont want to lose them but I don't want my old name on them either. Any help would be greatly appreciated 😊

Hi Brooke,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~Andrea
Upwork

Thank you so much!

70f13cae
Community Member

Hi, I have sent testimonial request to my client he wrote it but it says it's still pending but it should say that client has written it and it's approval is pending by upwork 

Kindly check attached screenshot

Hi Zainab,

It takes time for our team to process and validate every request, so you may have to wait a few days for the testimonial to display on your profile. 

~Andrea
Upwork
7d4e497e
Community Member

I tried to close my client account but I didn't expect that my whole account will be closed. I reopen a new one but I want the old one, I can close the new one if the old account I have will be open. 

Please help me. 

Hi Marycris,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information? Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork
7d4e497e
Community Member

Hi Andrea, I tried to, but I have no option to send you a message. 

Apologies for the confusion, Marycris. Could you please refresh and try again?

~Andrea
Upwork
7d4e497e
Community Member

Hi, I did send you a message already. 

d9ae1f8b
Community Member

Hello All,

I'm getting my page set up and took the advice of one of the intro videos about getting testimonials before you have any Upwork clients. Using the testomonial request tool I sent requests to three former colleagues. One of them responded very quickly and there was a notice saying his reply was "pending". But now there is no notice about anything. He's simply not there. Did his testimonail get accepted? If so, where is it posted? If it was rejected, where would I see that?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jack

Jack,

The testimonial has to show up in your Profile for you to approve. It's not in your Profile.

Hello William,

Thank you for your reply. I think this is where I'm getting confused. I don't see where in my profile there's an option to approve a tesimonial.  I see one testimonial still says pending just like the other one did. But that other isn't showing up anywhere and I don't have any email notifications about it.

My question is where is it??

Thanks,

Jack

dangol_dipen
Community Member

Hi, I asked a non-upwork client to give a testimonial about how he felt working with me. And it was approved as well. It was showing as well. But now I see my profile it is gone. Can anyone help me with it? 

Thank you

Hi Sohit,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~Andrea
Upwork
d4dbe692
Community Member

It seems most all of the requests that I sent for testimonials have not been received. Can those be resent? 

I'm guessing these go to junk folder, but I have also reached out to the intended recipients via email and requested they search in their junk folders, and so far no success. 

In the future, I think a better way would be to simply provide a link to use that could be sent in a personal email. It is not surprising that an email coming from Upwork would be seen as junk. But personal emails to people I have relationships with, would not have the same problem.

Appreciate any help. Thank you. 

Hi Joanna,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~Andrea
Upwork
a47d05b9
Community Member

I requested a testimonial the other day, and my client advised they completed the request, but it is not showing up on my profile and I do not know how to track it. Can someone advise if this is normal, or what the time frame is to have a testimonial approved?

Hi Tina,

Once you’ve completed your part, we’ll email your request to your client and let you know when we hear back. Please be reminded that It takes time for our team to process and validate every request, so you may have to wait a few days for the testimonial to display on your profile.

In the meantime, feel free to check this help article to learn more about the process.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a47d05b9
Community Member

It's now been three or four days. At first there was a notification saying it was a pending request. Now there is no mention of it anywhere that I can find. Can you point me to where I can track it please? 

Hi Tina,

~Andrea
Upwork
080923bb
Community Member

I want to add the testimonial one of my client is agree to give me testimonials we know that we need the client's Linkedin profile link So, my question is may take the link through a message in the chat box? I am a little bit afraid maybe my account can suspend for that reason.

Hi Shafique,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Yes they definitely can! You can send your clients outside of Upwork a Testimonial request so that they can share their experience working with you, which would show in your public Upwork profile. You may Enter your client’s contact information after hitting on the "Request a testimonial" button from the image you shared above including a link to their LinkedIn account. Feel free to check out this help article for more information on the requirements and how you can take advantage of this.

~ Arjay
Upwork
j_neighbors
Community Member

I obtained two testimonials; it was easy to initiate the process. I'm grateful there's an excellent way to get credit for my past work outside Upwork! However, there is a blank image circle next to each testimonial. One of my people had a photo on LinkedIn, but not both. Why are they both without pictures? Why have a circle with no image? Has anyone else who obtained a testimonial experienced this? I don't have a major complaint, but it appears slightly odd to me.

Jennifer Neighbors
Microsoft Access Designer and Developer
My profile

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for your question. I checked and it's by design that we only show generic portraits next to the received testimonials. This is to protect the privacy and identity of your customers who have shared their experiences with you.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

It's excellent that Upwork is protecting the privacy and identity of my customers. Why place an empty image circle next to their first names and last initials? No circle would be better than empty ones. 

Jennifer Neighbors
Microsoft Access Designer and Developer
My profile
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members