cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tests and Recommendations not showing properly

Lucia G Member Since: Nov 13, 2009
1 of 3

Hello,

I am concerned because in the last two weeks I have not received job offers, despite the fact that I have applied for several jobs.

I took a look at my profile - not inside Upwork - the one that the public see it and I am shocked to see my test ratings.  I also took a look at my profile, as if I was a client, (inside Upwork) and I see the folllowing:

1. Recommendations:  These appear as "Newest ones".    I suggest that the Upwork team changes this order to show the "Highest rated" in both screens (outside and inside Upwork).

2. Tests:  There is a serious problem here with 2 situations:

a. The public screen shows the results or the number of good answers, but it does not indicate the number of questions. For example, Email etiquette certification, the public can read 55. On the other hand, if I see the results inside Upwork, my rate for this subject is 4.55 (On the base of 5) and I am anong the top 10%. This does not show properly to the public.  The "55" rate, without any indication of the basis of this rate, is misleading as it looks like base taken was 100%.  The public area does not show our the "Top %" rates.

b. The inside screen shows all my tests including the ones that I marked that I did not want to be shown, because of a low grade.  What is the point of hiding the results, if these are shown anyways.  I feel embarrassed to show the bad grades.

By showing our bad grades, this does not encourage to do more tests.

I am afraid that this situation would affect my hiring probabilities.  In addition, Upwork gives the impression that their freelancers are not very well qualified.

I am a "Top Rated" freelance.  This does not show in the public screen neither.  

Is there a way these problems get fixed?

Thanks,

Lucia

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 3

Hi Lucia,

Thank you for your feedback. When you view your profile as a visitor (logged out of Upwork) you will see a version that is different and is lighter than a version of your profile that users logged into Upwork see. If you would like to see your profile the way other logged in user see it, please go to Find Work> Profile and then click "View my profile as others see it" that show at the top. Test scores that you chose to hide will not be displayed. 

I hope it helps.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Lucia G Member Since: Nov 13, 2009
3 of 3

Hi Valeria,

Thanks for your quick reply to this issue - I understand that there are two ways to see my profile.

However, I am concerned that the public screen shows the results of my test in a way that they look awful as stated  in letter "a" of point 2.  

"I took a look at my profile - not inside Upwork - the one that the public see it and I am shocked to see my test ratings.  I also took a look at my profile, as if I was a client, (inside Upwork) and I see the folllowing:

1. Recommendations:  These appear as "Newest ones".    I suggest that the Upwork team changes this order to show the "Highest rated" in both screens (outside and inside Upwork).

2. Tests:  There is a serious problem here with 2 situations:

a. The public screen shows the results or the number of good answers, but it does not indicate the number of questions. For example, Email etiquette certification, the public can read 55. On the other hand, if I see the results inside Upwork, my rate for this subject is 4.55 (On the base of 5) and I am anong the top 10%. This does not show properly to the public.  The "55" rate, without any indication of the basis of this rate, is misleading as it looks like base taken was 100%.  The public area does not show our the "Top %" rates.

-----------------------------------------

In the internal part of Upwork the score is based on 5.0, whereas in the external part has weird numbers that seem to be based on 10.  So the external percentile score has another criteria.  

I hope you can help us with this issue.

Thanks,

Lucia

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS