Thank you Community!

I am fairly new to Upwork, although I was a freelancer on the Elance platform. For the past few months I have been trolling the forums looking for advice and getting to know the Upwork platform. I have to say that the community here is fantastic! The participants in these forums that have been here a while give great advice that I have found extremely helpful. Thank you all so much for contributing.

14 REPLIES 14
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you, Roslen and congrats on your first post in the Community. I'm glad to hear that lurking and reading Community posts has been very helpful for you.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Roslen, welcome aboard and don't be shy, we don't all bite, but as Valeria gently implied, you've been lurking, not trolling, which is something else entirely. Cat Wink

LOL John, thank you for correcting me...I actually had to look up the word "trolling" to see the definition after the fact. Of course I meant lurking, although that sounds kinda creepy too! I'm very old school.....

John, no we don't ALL bite, but there may be a few that do-lol!

lysis10

yay a fellow troll!

Lurking is good.

It means you have learned a lot. Thanks so much for your note!

There are many newbie freelancers who come here and ask ridiculously basic questions, or reveal that they did ridiculously inappropriate things... and they would have known better if they had spent more than 5 minutes reading threads in the Forum.

You're way ahead of the game already.

@Preston H wrote:

Lurking is good.

It means you have learned a lot. Thanks so much for your note!

There are many newbie freelancers who come here and ask ridiculously basic questions, or reveal that they did ridiculously inappropriate things... and they would have known better if they had spent more than 5 minutes reading threads in the Forum.

You're way ahead of the game already.

lol, I must admit, I was one of those you are referring to, and indeed, I have learn so much from this forums and it is not only informative but also fun to read the experiences of others in a positive way. For real thanks to all of you specially the experienced ones whom all replied to this post. You have been patient with alot of our stupid at times and repetative questions at other times. 

@Jennifer M wrote:

yay a fellow troll!

You sure about that? She doesn't have pink hair.  

@John K wrote:

You sure about that? She doesn't have pink hair.  

She said she was trolling. I'll take it. I'll even share some of my PMs of shame with her.

I have now been informed by my children that I can no longer "use cool words that I don't understand" because of my misinterpretation of the word "trolling". In my defense I thought the word meant "like riding a trolley car" you ride around and observe the touristy sights. If that's not a word already I am inventing it! It's called Trolleying.

@Roslen M wrote:

I have now been informed by my children that I can no longer "use cool words that I don't understand" because of my misinterpretation of the word "trolling". In my defense I thought the word meant "like riding a trolley car" you ride around and observe the touristy sights. If that's not a word already I am inventing it! It's called Trolleying.

You mean you're not a fellow troll? This is a huge disappointment and a mistake I dunno if I can forgive.

Give your kids this.

Troll-face.jpg

Haha! I'm so sorry that I disappointed you Jennifer. I promise to try and up my trolling game 

And I was gonna share my PMs of shame with you. I'm not sharing the ones from VLAD DADDY though. He's mine.

Oh Plllllleeeeeaaaasssseee do!! Remember I am lurking around the forums to get as much advice as I can 

Spoiler