Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks to Upwork team.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
V R Member Since: Sep 18, 2015
1 of 10

The last post was pointing out a little draw back in the development of website and after that I had another issue regarding our available status in profile and stats. which I have not posted here. I have given submitted a request to the customer care to find out a solution. But now it's time for appreciation.

I sincerely thank the Upwork team for selecting me as Rising Talent with a badge and giving me additional 30 connect points.

I was little bit worried that I have just 20 connects left this month and just one Invitation pending.

But I made up my mind seeing that I joined Upwork last month and got two clients in the month and was able to do 5 Jobs and earn a considerable amount.

You know this saying, "a dog wags its tail with its heart" - well, I am like that dog today. I want to say so much, but I can hardly find the words.

I would like to assure you that my goal in life is to become as top talented as you think I am. As far as this goal attainment requires much effort, skills and time, I hope that you'll help me in it.

Best Regards.

Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 10

Well done, and congratulations!

Your post serves to prove to those that are 'newbies' that perseverance and hard work pays off!

I sincerely hope your career here stays on this course!

Cheers.

Community Guru
Dawn L Member Since: Sep 3, 2015
3 of 10

Congrats!!

Ace Contributor
4 of 10

I posted a thanks message for giving rising a talent badge  and within a short period I found my Rising Talent Badge Missing and the chat facilty too. A little pop up appear as chat, but disappears suddenly when I click.

I am comfortable that I have gained few clients within a month and they understand about me and referring me to their known persons. I am getting Jobs and I Thank Upwork for that.

I am missing the badge, but for what reason?  When my regular clients sees me with a badge and also notice that it's missing after a short time, what will be their thoughts.

Does this therory really works?  I have just complained about in customer  care as follows.

• **edited for Community Guidelines**

I don't understand, why we are happy when we get something and get agitated when some thing goes wrong. Why should I compromise myself for all the lose?

@Irene B wrote:

Well done, and congratulations!

Your post serves to prove to those that are 'newbies' that perseverance and hard work pays off!

I sincerely hope your career here stays on this course!

Cheers.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 10

Chances are you no longer have the rising talent badge because on the next update you'll have a job success score having completed more than 4 projects.

As the rising talent thing is ONLY for people without a job success score and you now qualify for that it will disply on the next update

Ace Contributor
6 of 10

Thanks Madam Petra,

You have cleared my query,  I will be very happy having Job Success score in my profile.

Still why is the system taking out the previlages or display what we have at present so quickly to update the success we are going to obtain in future, this has to be answered by the technical professionals in Upwork probably.

Anyway I am happy working with all of you.

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
7 of 10

The next Job Success update is Sunday. At that time you will have a job success score. You are no longer a rising talent as you've now worked six jobs.

Ace Contributor
8 of 10

Thanks Ms.Jean,

I am very happy to hear that. Thanks very much for the update.

I see that the system recognize, that I have crossed more than the rising talent jobs limits and took out my badge instantly. And will update on Sunday. Smiley Surprised

I am on a Job which is going to be long, that is my 7th job  which has not been closed.

Will my long contact Jobs will be of additional value? or will it be a trouble for Top Ranker status, analysed by the system?Smiley Surprised

I am asking this as I am new, please don't mistake me.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
9 of 10

Hi V,

We do count long-term relationships in your Job Success score. If you have a client with whom you worked longer than 3 months (it can be across different contracts), then this will reflect positively in your Job Success score which should display on your profile with the next update.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Md R Member Since: Feb 26, 2019
10 of 10

Thank you

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS