Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: That's killing new freelancers!

jcullinan
Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
91 of 95

@Pandora H wrote:

I suppose that for a necro thread, this one has seen a pretty lively resurrection.

Today does seem to be a day for thread-resurrection... without many realizing they're replying to comments from several years ago in some cases!

As to this particular topic, starting something new is supposed to be hard. Complaining about it being hard doesn't make it any easier!

pandoraharper
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
92 of 95

@Jess C wrote:

Today does seem to be a day for thread-resurrection... without many realizing they're replying to comments from several years ago in some cases!

It's the theme of the day! Every day must have a theme! <coughs> pardon me.

Seriously, it has been bad today. But what can you do when most of these people don't relize they are in a public forum, and if they do, they have never actually POSTED to a forum before.

I firmly belive that about 50% of the new people appearing in the forums every day do not realize they have been shunted from the Upwork Help Desk area.

I hate that I want to post this about 10 times per day:  "Yes, you did just post in a very old thread, right in the middle of the thread, and no, nobody is going to be able to find it to reply". Thank you for contacting the Upwork Forum Community. This would be mega rude, but I sure think it a lot.

Sure, eventually a Mod will come along and help them, but they have to "wade" through the thread same as us, or I so I would guess.

jcullinan
Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
93 of 95

@Pandora H wrote:

It's the theme of the day! Every day must have a theme! <coughs> pardon me.

Seriously, it has been bad today. But what can you do when most of these people don't relize they are in a public forum, and if they do, they have never actually POSTED to a forum before.

I firmly belive that about 50% of the new people appearing in the forums every day do not realize they have been shunted from the Upwork Help Desk area.

I hate that I want to post this about 10 times per day:  "Yes, you did just post in a very old thread, right in the middle of the thread, and no, nobody is going to be able to find it to reply". Thank you for contacting the Upwork Forum Community. This would be mega rude, but I sure think it a lot.

Sure, eventually a Mod will come along and help them, but they have to "wade" through the thread same as us, or I so I would guess.

Which is why I make sure to quote before replying, and sort topics chronologically instead of threaded. But whatever. :-)

paperdog
Community Leader
Grant C Member Since: Sep 8, 2017
94 of 95

JUdgeing by the number of responses you get from this post,...you should have no problem attracting attention from clients... 

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
95 of 95

@Grant C wrote:

JUdgeing by the number of responses you get from this post,...you should have no problem attracting attention from clients... 

lol

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS