Community Leader
John T Member Since: Mar 19, 2015
31 of 48

Good grief.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
32 of 48

I recently reported a job to CS - after a while they took it down and said they had taken action against the account...

The quite established client posted the job again within 1 hour. I reported it once more, CS took it down.

The client simply posted the same job 5 or 6 times within the span of 24 hours before it disappeared for good.

It really makes you wonder what kind of 'action' was taken.

Same here. Unbelievable.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
33 of 48

It taps into a wider problem that any idiot is allowed to post any job for any reason. Charging them for posting would soon sort some of this out.

Highlighted
Community Leader
34 of 48

That's an area worth considering, but it's not the problem in this case. I had a good look at this client's work history, and there's a lot of it, and this sort of racist garbage is all over it.

Highlighted
Community Guru
35 of 48

Can you post a link? (it will quickly be deleted anyway, so not a big problem)

Highlighted
Community Leader
36 of 48

Well, I don't particularly want to break the rules myself. But I think this is a serious matter, and I can only hope it's a bigger violation of the terms of service to post racist job ads than it is to put a link up here. So here goes. Scroll down and look at the work history:

** removed by me **

Highlighted
Community Guru
37 of 48

Ok, you can now delete the post so nobody will know Cat Wink

...and apparently one of Upwork's top employers.

Highlighted
Community Leader
38 of 48

Of course, it's appalling enough on the basic level, but the additional threat of reporting people for spam if they apply, presumably in an effort to damage their stats and make it harder for them to get work, is simply beyond the pale.

Highlighted
Community Leader
39 of 48

It's astounding to me how poorly this is policed, compared to, for example, freelancers having the wrong type of profile picture.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
40 of 48
If the same job has been removed many time by CS and the client just re-posts the job, It says alot.

I am the BOSS here.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS